2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 27, 2011 8:53 PM by baldercm

rich:dataTable not able to select rows of different pages

saurabh0011

hi,

I have  rich:dataTable with rich:datascroller. i am not able to select rows of different pages before submit the form. meaning is if i select a row of page one and scroll to another page then selected row make uncheck.

code:

<rich:dataTable  id="dt1" value="#{tableBean.lst}" var="item" rendered="#{tableBean.randerUserContacts}" border="0" >

<f:facet name="header">

<h:outputText value="#{tableBean.usrName}#{msg.totalContacts} #{tableBean.totalContacts}" />

</f:facet>                               

<rich:column  width="50px" label="Check">

<h:outputText value="Chk" />

<h:selectBooleanCheckbox id="t1" value="#{item.chk}" />

</rich:column>                           

<rich:column sortable="true" sortBy="#{item.usrName}" filterBy="#{item.usrName}" filterEvent="onkeyup"

width="300px" label="#{msg.contName}">

<h:outputText value="#{msg.contName}"/>

<h:outputText value="#{item.usrName}"></h:outputText>

<f:facet name="footer" ><h:outputText value="#{msg.contName}" /></f:facet>

</rich:column >     

<f:facet name="footer"  >

<rich:datascroller  id="ds" reRender="txt" />                                           

</rich:dataTable> 

please help, how can i able to select different page rows before submit my form.

Thanks             

• 1. rich:dataTable not able to select rows of different pages
          ilya40umov
          • 2. rich:dataTable not able to select rows of different pages
            baldercm

Hi

I guess you can try doing something like that:

<!-- Update model on checkbox click -->

<h:selectBooleanCheckbox id="myId" value="#{item.chk}">

<a4j:support event="onclick"

actionListener="#{myController.toggleItemSelectedActionListener}"

ajaxSingle="true">

<f:param name="itemId" value="#{item.id}" />

</a4j:support>

</h:selectBooleanCheckbox>

<!-- Global process action outside the table -->

<a4j:commandButton value="Process selected rows"

actionListener="#{myController.proccessSelectedRowsActionListener}"

ajaxSingle="true" />

or any other way to update the model on checkbox click and process checked rows on a different action.

I haven't tested the code, it's just a possible solution that came to my mind. Hope it can be useful.