3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 17, 2012 3:16 AM by hitjain_83

Can the JMS Queue be on Remote HornetQ Server

sjwhyte1

I am trying to figure out is the "ESB Aware" queues and the "Gateway" queues reside on a remote HornetQ server as apposed to the JBossESB Server and the HornetQ existing on the same server or cluster?

Thanks

Steve

• 1. Re: Can the JMS Queue be on Remote HornetQ Server
          kconner

You should be able to set up the queues either way, remotely or co-located.

• 2. Re: Can the JMS Queue be on Remote HornetQ Server
            sjwhyte1

Kevin,

What setup would I have to do in the ESB to connect to a remote HornetQ Server? In my applications jboss-esb.xml I have tried setting up the provider serveral ways

{code:xml}<jms-provider name="HornetQ" connection-factory="ConnectionFactory"

jndi-URL="jnp://172.16.234.129"

jndi-context-factory="org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContextFactory"

jndi-pkg-prefix="org.jboss.naming,org.jnp.interfaces"> {code}

and using jms-jca-provider

{code:xml}<jms-jca-provider name="HornetQ" connection-factory="ConnectionFactory"

jndi-URL="jnp://172.16.234.129"

jndi-context-factory="org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContextFactory"

jndi-pkg-prefix="org.jboss.naming,org.jnp.interfaces">

{code}

but when I startup I get ConnectionFactory not bound.

Now as far as the ESB Services that use JMS, jbpm.esb, jbossesb.esb, I would like to keep it's queue local to the ESB cluster for failover in case the HornetQ cluster is down. I this a over complicating things?

Thanks

Steve

• 3. Re: Can the JMS Queue be on Remote HornetQ Server
              hitjain_83

Were you able to get answer to this or resolve this issue?     If yes would you remember what was done?