5 Replies Latest reply on Jul 1, 2010 2:55 AM by armahdi

Hibernate core

adryen31200

Hello,

I have deployed my webapp on JBoss 5.1 AS but two hibernate-core jars are loaded:

One located at: jboss-5.1.0.GA/common/lib/hibernate-core.jar

And the second at:

jboss-5.1.0.GA/server/default/deploy/dragon-ui-1.1-SNAPSHOT/WEB-INF/lib/hibernate-core-3.5.1-Final.jar

I need to use the second hibernate-core-3.5.1-Final.jar inevitably for my application.

I have a jboss-classloading.xml in my application with the following content:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
      <classloading xmlns="urn:jboss:classloading:1.0" name="petals-master-ui.war"
          domain="petals-master-ui" export-all="NON_EMPTY"
          import-all="true">
      </classloading>

But that do nothing ... I don't understand why I can exclude the loading jar located
      jboss-5.1.0.GA/common/lib/hibernate-core.jar

I think my error:

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.hibernate.engine.ActionQueue.registerProcess(Lorg/hibernate/action/BeforeTransactionCompletionProcess;)V

I linked to this issue because the method isn't located into hibernate-core.jar but in hibernate-core-3.5.1-Final.jar but

the method is called from the hibernate-core.jar ...

Is someone can help me ?

Thank, Adrien

• 1. Re: Hibernate core
          armahdi

I have exactly the same issue.

it keeps on using the one in commons/lib folder. while my app has is supposed to work with hibernate 3.5.3.  I had heard that when there is a lib placed in the web-inf/lib folder it is given preference over the ones in the commons/lib folder.

I deleted the four hibernate jars in the commons/lib folder and added my hibernate jar there and it started working. but this is a workaround not a solution. If jboss is configured to use the hibernate 3.3 then it will give errors probably.

there should be a way, that the application uses the jar in web-inf/lib folder. please do post if you have the solution for this.

Thanks

Syed

• 2. Re: Hibernate core
            adryen31200

I think remove hibernate jars from commons/lib isn't a good solution,

but any one have a solution ? because it's a very blocking problem ...

• 3. Re: Hibernate core
              armahdi

exactly!! It should have a solution.. I heard u can actually tell jboss to look in the web-inf/lib folder for a certain jar take that only in such a case.

there should be more than just two ppl who came across this issue. isnt no one using new hibernate with new jboss vers.

• 4. Re: Hibernate core
                jaikiran

See if this helps. It was written for AS-4.2.x but should apply for AS-5 too.

P.S: I thought of pointing you to some forum posts, but some of them discuss  various different issues, so might be confusing.

• 5. Re: Hibernate core
                  armahdi

Ok this is what I was looking for.

Thanks.