11 Replies Latest reply on Mar 24, 2010 3:29 AM by jaikiran

Big Problem(s):ubuntu, tomcat, jboss, port 8080... everything

Hi guys,

hope some of you could help me with that, I definitively have problems with my ubuntu jboss installation.

I installed tomcat before Jboss, but i had a conflict with the port 8080. I changed the tomcat port to 80 and left the jboss port to 8080,but the problem still existed, so, i removed tomcat and then, i hadn't any conflict with the port, but... i followed 2 differents tutorials to install my jboss (1 : http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=652472, and 2: http://chiralsoftware.com/linux-system-administration/jboss-server-deployment.seam ) but i still can't see any result.

Now, (after the 2nd tutorial), and don't have any error warning, so everything seems good, but, when i go to localhost:8080, i have an error page, and when i do localhost:80, i have my apache IT WORKS page, but not the jboss page. I'm revoming and installing again and again (and again) jboss, following each of the tutorials (just in case i forgot anything before), and i still can't see the jboss page. I also tried localhost:80/web-console, and localhost:8080/web-console... but still nothing.

Does anyone know what's happening? any tips?

Please Help!!!

Thanks.

• 1. Re: Big Problem(s):ubuntu, tomcat, jboss, port 8080... everything
          peterj

The tutorials that you mentioned show how to set up JBoss AS to run as a service/daemon (that is, to start up when you boot your mahcine). Have you tried just running JBoss AS from the command line? If not, please do so. You will notice some log outputs in the terminal - post the command line you entered along withthe entire terminal output.

What JVM are you using? What do you have JAVA_HOME set to?

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Big Problem(s):ubuntu, tomcat, jboss, port 8080... everything

Hi Peter,

thanks for your answer, i was a quite desasparate to have someone helping me.

Let me try your tips. I'm back in a while.

PS :

# java -version :
            java version "1.6.0_15"
            Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_15-b03)
            Java HotSpot(TM) Server VM (build 14.1-b02, mixed mode)

$JAVA_HOME :

/usr/lib/jvm/java-6-sun

• 3. Re: Big Problem(s):ubuntu, tomcat, jboss, port 8080... everything

Hi everybody,

I finally found a way to install correctly my jboss. I used the wrong tutorial, it was for daemon (Thanks Peter).

For those who would be interested, i used the Installation_And_Getting_Started_Guide.pdf (attached file), and it worked fine for me (ubuntu 9.10, jboss-6.0.0.M2).

Now, i'm trying to deploying guvnor on jboss, and i have the following error when i start jboss : Deployment "/usr/local/jboss-6.0.0.20100216-M2/server/default/deploy/drools-guvnor.war/" is in error due to the following reason(s): java.lang.LinkageError: loader constraint violation: loader (instance of org/jboss/classloader/spi/base/BaseClassLoader) previously initiated loading for a different type with name "javax/el/ELContext" .

Does anybody know what does it mean? Jboss still works fine, but i can't go to my drools-guvnor page because of the error. I have the following message in my browser :

HTTP Status 404 - /drools-guvnor

type Status report

message /drools-guvnor

description The requested resource (/drools-guvnor) is not available.

JBoss Web/3.0.0-beta-2

Thank for any help!

• 4. Re: Big Problem(s):ubuntu, tomcat, jboss, port 8080... everything
                peterj

I don't think that Drools is compatible with JBoss AS 6. You should read the Drools docs to see which version of JBoss AS (probably 5.1.0.GA) it is compatible with and use that.

By the way, here is a simpler installation "guide":

http://community.jboss.org/message/203487#203487

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                • 5. Re: Big Problem(s):ubuntu, tomcat, jboss, port 8080... everything

Thanks Peter,

you'r probably right. I'm gonna try with 5.1.0.GA.

• 6. Re: Big Problem(s):ubuntu, tomcat, jboss, port 8080... everything
                    peterj

By the way, you should not ask the same question in two different posts, otherwise there will be a discontinuity of responses.

http://community.jboss.org/thread/149770

• 7. Re: Big Problem(s):ubuntu, tomcat, jboss, port 8080... everything

hey, you'r right. My bad.

By the way, I (re)installed jboss (5.1.0.GA) and guvnor 5, but i have the exact same errors i had with the version 6.0.0.M2. I did 3 differents things:

1) directly install drools-guvnor.war from my download, in the jboss-5.1.0.GA/server/default/deploy ==> i got this message :

Deployment "vfszip:/usr/local/jboss-5.1.0.GA/server/default/deploy/drools-guvnor.war/" is in error due to the following reason(s): javax.management.InvalidAttributeValueException: Set attribute  has class class org.jboss.security.integration.JNDIBasedSecurityManagement loaded from BaseClassLoader@1dc4cd9{vfsfile:/usr/local/jboss-5.1.0.GA/server/default/conf/jboss-service.xml} that is not assignable to attribute class interface org.jboss.security.ISecurityManagement loaded from BaseClassLoader@1b5dc81{vfszip:/usr/local/jboss-5.1.0.GA/server/default/deploy/drools-guvnor.war/}

2) delete the files : 

authorization-spi-2.0.2.CR6.jar, all the identity-* files, acl-spi-2.0.2.CR6.jar, all the jboss-security-* files, xercesImpl-2.8.0.jar, all the xml-apis-2.* files, and all the  el-* files (total, 12 files removed) (as describe in : http://community.jboss.org/wiki/DroolsGuvnor50inJBossAS5) .

I have the same loop result i copied/pasted in the forum link a wrote previously.

3) I tried also to remove the jboss-el-1.0_02.RC2.jar file (because of jboss-el, last total 13 files removed)

Any idea??

Thanks

• 8. Re: Big Problem(s):ubuntu, tomcat, jboss, port 8080... everything
                        jaikiran

Johanna,

Let's continue the discussion in this thread only We now 3 places where this is being discussed and it becomes difficult to understand what's going on. I am pasting the logs from the wiki article where you have posted this:

09:50:36,109 WARN   [org.jboss.deployers.vfs.spi.structure.modified.AddVisitor] Exception  synching file:  FileHandler@19717648[path=guvnor.war/org.drools.guvnor.Guvnor/images/decision_table.gif  context=file:/usr/local/jboss-6.0.0.20100216-M2/server/default/deploy/  real=file:/usr/local/jboss-6.0.0.20100216-M2/server/default/deploy/guvnor.war/org.drools.guvnor.Guvnor/images/decision_table.gif],  cause: java.io.FileNotFoundException:  /usr/local/jboss-6.0.0.20100216-M2/server/default/tmp/3j011-qy5to2-g74ozhmb-1-g74p0omd-9s/guvnor.war/org.drools.guvnor.Guvnor/images/decision_table.gif  (No such file or directory)
                        09:50:36,110 WARN   [org.jboss.deployers.vfs.spi.structure.modified.AddVisitor] Exception  synching file:  FileHandler@10951738[path=guvnor.war/org.drools.guvnor.Guvnor/images/tick_green.gif  context=file:/usr/local/jboss-6.0.0.20100216-M2/server/default/deploy/  real=file:/usr/local/jboss-6.0.0.20100216-M2/server/default/deploy/guvnor.war/org.drools.guvnor.Guvnor/images/tick_green.gif],  cause: java.io.FileNotFoundException:  /usr/local/jboss-6.0.0.20100216-M2/server/default/tmp/3j011-qy5to2-g74ozhmb-1-g74p0omd-9s/guvnor.war/org.drools.guvnor.Guvnor/images/tick_green.gif  (No such file or directory)

You can ignore those WARN messages by changing the logging settings for that specific class. But I am curious to know why it's trying to sync the files from the original war to the tmp folder? I think the deployer is thinking that some new file(s) were added to the .war file after the application was deployed. Is that the case? Are you adding new file(s) to guvnor.war? Or are you using any IDE which might be adding the files like guvnor.war/org.drools.guvnor.Guvnor/... when the server is running?

• 9. Re: Big Problem(s):ubuntu, tomcat, jboss, port 8080... everything

Hi Jaikiran,

i tried different things to solve my issues, but each time, i had new issue.

In the 1st time, i had jboss 6, i installed the guvnor.war file without any changes in th deploy folder, i had that:

WARN  [HDScanner] Failed to process changes
                          org.jboss.deployers.client.spi.IncompleteDeploymentException: Summary of incomplete deployments (SEE PREVIOUS ERRORS FOR DETAILS):

*** DEPLOYMENTS IN ERROR: Name -> Error

vfszip:/usr/local/jboss-5.1.0.GA/server/default/deploy/drools-guvnor.war/ -> org.jboss.deployers.spi.DeploymentException: Error deploying: jboss.web.deployment:war=/drools-guvnor

Deployment "vfszip:/usr/local/jboss-5.1.0.GA/server/default/deploy/drools-guvnor.war/" is in error due to the following reason(s): javax.management.InvalidAttributeValueException: Set attribute  has class class org.jboss.security.integration.JNDIBasedSecurityManagement loaded from BaseClassLoader@1dc4cd9{vfsfile:/usr/local/jboss-5.1.0.GA/server/default/conf/jboss-service.xml} that is not assignable to attribute class interface org.jboss.security.ISecurityManagement loaded from BaseClassLoader@1b5dc81{vfszip:/usr/local/jboss-5.1.0.GA/server/default/deploy/drools-guvnor.war/}

In a second time, i made some differents operations in my guvnor.war (like removing some librairies) and then, install my guvnor.war in the jboss 6 deploy folder. It resulte the loop WARN you pasted.

In a third time i changed jboss 6 to jboss 5, and did the same thing with my guvnor librairies, but i had the same loop result.

After that, just to eliminate some doubts, i just (re) download the guvnor.zip file and extract the guvnor.war file, and then installed it in the jboss 5 deploy folder, and i had the same result i had when i did the same thing with jboss 6.

So, i'm not sure, why it's trying to sync the files from the original war to the tmp folder, maybe, because i did so much different things. By the way, i made sure to remove everything i installed when i tried anything else (rm -R), i also, cleared cache, and restart my computer each time.

• 10. Re: Big Problem(s):ubuntu, tomcat, jboss, port 8080... everything

Hi Peter and Jaikiran (and everybody)

I finaly found a solution. I just downloaded guvnor standalone and replaced my whole jboss installation by my guvnor standalone folder, and it worked for me.

For those interested :

1) i downloaded guvnor standalone and unzipped it (the folder changes name to jboss-4.2.3.GA, when unzipped)

2) i went to /home/.bashrc (some people use /etc/profile instead ), where i set before my JBOSS_HOME location, and changed it to the location of my new guvnor ( export JBOSS_HOME=/usr/local/jboss-4.2.3.GA  

export PATH=$PATH:$JBOSS_HOME/bin )

That's it. I run my guvnor and no mistakes, no errors... it worked right away!

Thanks for all your posts, and your time!

• 11. Re: Big Problem(s):ubuntu, tomcat, jboss, port 8080... everything
                              jaikiran

Glad to know you got it working