4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 18, 2010 4:10 PM by infostore

Portlet Bridge and LifeRay

gcluis

I have a problem width Portlet Bridge when I try to use to develop a project with LifeRay.

I downloaded the exadel demo for Portlet Bridge width RichFaces and LifeRay. The demo work and it´s ok, but when a try to create a project and add a rich:calendar (or other components like rich:modalPanel) element the LifeRay´s menu doesn´t work. I think that the query.js overwrite the query.js of the LifeRay.

In the demo the example of the calendar it´s working and in this case de menu is working, but if I add a calendar to the welcome.xhtml file of the demo, then the calendar work, but the LifeRay´s menu doesn´t work.

any idea to solved this problem?

I tested width Portlet Bridge 1 CR03 and Portlet Bridge 2 CR01

A attach an example project.

• 1. Re: Portlet Bridge and LifeRay
          gcluis

Solved:

In the file sun-web.xml the context must be define:

<sun-web-app error-url="">

<!-- KO -->  <!--  <context-root/> -->   
            <!-- OK --> <context-root>/ProcessPortlet</context-root>
            <class-loader delegate="true"/>
            <jsp-config>
              <property name="keepgenerated" value="true">
                <description>Keep a copy of the generated servlet class' java code.</description>
              </property>
            </jsp-config>
          </sun-web-app>

• 2. Re: Portlet Bridge and LifeRay

Hi,

I try to install the Exadel RichFaces Liferay Portlet Demo [1] on Liferay 5.2.3 and JBoss 5.1, but I have the exceptions you can see in [2]. Can someone say me what I am doing wrong?

[1] http://www.exadel.com/web/portal/download/liferaydemo

[2]

18:07:12,619 INFO  [STDOUT] 18:07:12,619 INFO  [AutoDeployDir:183] Processing richFacesPortletExadel.war
            18:07:12,619 INFO  [STDOUT] 18:07:12,619 INFO  [PortletAutoDeployListener:77] Copying portlets for C:\Programms\liferay\deploy\richFacesPortletExadel.war
            18:07:12,619 INFO  [STDOUT]   Expanding: C:\Programms\liferay\deploy\richFacesPortletExadel.war into C:\DOCUME~1\user~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\20100223180712619
            18:07:41,515 INFO  [STDOUT]   Copying 1 file to C:\DOCUME~1\user~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\20100223180712619\WEB-INF\classes
            18:07:41,546 INFO  [STDOUT]   Copying 1 file to C:\DOCUME~1\user~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\20100223180712619\WEB-INF\classes
            18:08:03,413 INFO  [STDOUT]   Copying 673 files to C:\Programms\liferay\liferay-5.2.3-jboss-5.1.0.GA\server\default\deploy\richFacesPortletExadel.war
            18:08:04,678 INFO  [TomcatDeployment] deploy, ctxPath=/richFacesPortletExadel
            18:08:04,756 WARNING [config] Unable to process deployment descriptor for context '/richFacesPortletExadel'
            18:08:04,756 INFO  [config] Initializing Mojarra (1.2_12-b01-FCS) for context '/richFacesPortletExadel'
            18:08:12,456 INFO  [STDOUT]   Copying 1 file to C:\Programms\liferay\liferay-5.2.3-jboss-5.1.0.GA\server\default\deploy\richFacesPortletExadel.war
            18:08:12,503 INFO  [STDOUT]   Deleting directory C:\DOCUME~1\user~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\20100223180712619
            18:08:12,863 INFO  [STDOUT] 18:08:12,863 INFO  [PortletAutoDeployListener:87] Portlets for C:\Programms\liferay\deploy\richFacesPortletExadel.war copied successfully. Deployment will start in a few seconds.
            18:08:16,018 INFO  [TomcatDeployment] undeploy, ctxPath=/richFacesPortletExadel
            18:08:16,158 ERROR [AbstractKernelController] Error installing to Parse: name=vfsfile:/C:/Programms/liferay/liferay-5.2.3-jboss-5.1.0.GA/server/default/deploy/richFacesPortletExadel.war/ state=Not Installed mode=Manual requiredState=Parse
            org.jboss.deployers.spi.DeploymentException: Error creating managed object for vfsfile:/C:/Programms/liferay/liferay-5.2.3-jboss-5.1.0.GA/server/default/deploy/richFacesPortletExadel.war/
                at org.jboss.deployers.spi.DeploymentException.rethrowAsDeploymentException(DeploymentException.java:49)
                at org.jboss.deployers.spi.deployer.helpers.AbstractParsingDeployerWithOutput.createMetaData(AbstractParsingDeployerWithOutput.java:362)
                at org.jboss.deployers.spi.deployer.helpers.AbstractParsingDeployerWithOutput.createMetaData(AbstractParsingDeployerWithOutput.java:322)
                at org.jboss.deployers.spi.deployer.helpers.AbstractParsingDeployerWithOutput.createMetaData(AbstractParsingDeployerWithOutput.java:294)
                at org.jboss.deployment.JBossAppParsingDeployer.createMetaData(JBossAppParsingDeployer.java:119)
                at org.jboss.deployers.spi.deployer.helpers.AbstractParsingDeployerWithOutput.deploy(AbstractParsingDeployerWithOutput.java:234)
                at org.jboss.deployers.plugins.deployers.DeployerWrapper.deploy(DeployerWrapper.java:171)
                at org.jboss.deployers.plugins.deployers.DeployersImpl.doDeploy(DeployersImpl.java:1439)
                at org.jboss.deployers.plugins.deployers.DeployersImpl.doInstallParentFirst(DeployersImpl.java:1157)
                at org.jboss.deployers.plugins.deployers.DeployersImpl.install(DeployersImpl.java:1098)
                at org.jboss.dependency.plugins.AbstractControllerContext.install(AbstractControllerContext.java:348)
                at org.jboss.dependency.plugins.AbstractController.install(AbstractController.java:1631)
                at org.jboss.dependency.plugins.AbstractController.incrementState(AbstractController.java:934)
                at org.jboss.dependency.plugins.AbstractController.resolveContexts(AbstractController.java:1082)
                at org.jboss.dependency.plugins.AbstractController.resolveContexts(AbstractController.java:984)
                at org.jboss.dependency.plugins.AbstractController.change(AbstractController.java:822)
                at org.jboss.dependency.plugins.AbstractController.change(AbstractController.java:553)
                at org.jboss.deployers.plugins.deployers.DeployersImpl.process(DeployersImpl.java:781)
                at org.jboss.deployers.plugins.main.MainDeployerImpl.process(MainDeployerImpl.java:702)
                at org.jboss.system.server.profileservice.repository.MainDeployerAdapter.process(MainDeployerAdapter.java:117)
                at org.jboss.system.server.profileservice.hotdeploy.HDScanner.scan(HDScanner.java:362)
                at org.jboss.system.server.profileservice.hotdeploy.HDScanner.run(HDScanner.java:255)
                at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:441)
                at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRunAndReset(FutureTask.java:317)
                at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.runAndReset(FutureTask.java:150)
                at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$101(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:98)
                at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.runPeriodic(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:181)
                at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:205)
                at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:886)
                at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:908)
                at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
            Caused by: org.jboss.xb.binding.JBossXBException: Failed to parse source: app-name not found as a child of jboss-app in unordered_sequence: module* security-role* jmx-name? loader-repository? unauthenticated-principal? security-domain? library-directory? module-order?
                at org.jboss.xb.binding.parser.sax.SaxJBossXBParser.parse(SaxJBossXBParser.java:203)
                at org.jboss.xb.binding.UnmarshallerImpl.unmarshal(UnmarshallerImpl.java:168)
                at org.jboss.xb.util.JBossXBHelper.parse(JBossXBHelper.java:189)
                at org.jboss.xb.util.JBossXBHelper.parse(JBossXBHelper.java:166)
                at org.jboss.deployers.vfs.spi.deployer.SchemaResolverDeployer.parse(SchemaResolverDeployer.java:137)
                at org.jboss.deployers.vfs.spi.deployer.SchemaResolverDeployer.parse(SchemaResolverDeployer.java:121)
                at org.jboss.deployers.vfs.spi.deployer.AbstractVFSParsingDeployer.parseAndInit(AbstractVFSParsingDeployer.java:256)
                at org.jboss.deployers.vfs.spi.deployer.AbstractVFSParsingDeployer.parse(AbstractVFSParsingDeployer.java:188)
                at org.jboss.deployers.spi.deployer.helpers.AbstractParsingDeployerWithOutput.createMetaData(AbstractParsingDeployerWithOutput.java:348)
                ... 29 more
            Caused by: org.jboss.xb.binding.JBossXBRuntimeException: app-name not found as a child of jboss-app in unordered_sequence: module* security-role* jmx-name? loader-repository? unauthenticated-principal? security-domain? library-directory? module-order?
                at org.jboss.xb.binding.sunday.unmarshalling.SundayContentHandler.startElement(SundayContentHandler.java:383)
                at org.jboss.xb.binding.parser.sax.SaxJBossXBParser$DelegatingContentHandler.startElement(SaxJBossXBParser.java:401)
                at org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.startElement(Unknown Source)
                at org.apache.xerces.xinclude.XIncludeHandler.startElement(Unknown Source)
                at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLNSDocumentScannerImpl.scanStartElement(Unknown Source)
                at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl$FragmentContentDispatcher.dispatch(Unknown Source)
                at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanDocument(Unknown Source)
                at org.apache.xerces.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(Unknown Source)
                at org.apache.xerces.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(Unknown Source)
                at org.apache.xerces.parsers.XMLParser.parse(Unknown Source)
                at org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse(Unknown Source)
                at org.apache.xerces.jaxp.SAXParserImpl$JAXPSAXParser.parse(Unknown Source)
                at org.jboss.xb.binding.parser.sax.SaxJBossXBParser.parse(SaxJBossXBParser.java:199)
                ... 37 more
            18:08:16,158 WARN  [HDScanner] Failed to process changes
            org.jboss.deployers.client.spi.IncompleteDeploymentException: Summary of incomplete deployments (SEE PREVIOUS ERRORS FOR DETAILS):

*** DEPLOYMENTS IN ERROR: Name -> Error

vfsfile:/C:/Programms/liferay/liferay-5.2.3-jboss-5.1.0.GA/server/default/deploy/richFacesPortletExadel.war/ -> org.jboss.deployers.spi.DeploymentException: Error creating managed object for vfsfile:/C:/Programms/liferay/liferay-5.2.3-jboss-5.1.0.GA/server/default/deploy/richFacesPortletExadel.war/

DEPLOYMENTS IN ERROR:
              Deployment "vfsfile:/C:/Programms/liferay/liferay-5.2.3-jboss-5.1.0.GA/server/default/deploy/richFacesPortletExadel.war/" is in error due to the following reason(s): org.jboss.xb.binding.JBossXBRuntimeException: app-name not found as a child of jboss-app in unordered_sequence: module* security-role* jmx-name? loader-repository? unauthenticated-principal? security-domain? library-directory? module-order?

at org.jboss.deployers.plugins.deployers.DeployersImpl.checkComplete(DeployersImpl.java:993)
                at org.jboss.deployers.plugins.deployers.DeployersImpl.checkComplete(DeployersImpl.java:939)
                at org.jboss.deployers.plugins.main.MainDeployerImpl.checkComplete(MainDeployerImpl.java:873)
                at org.jboss.system.server.profileservice.repository.MainDeployerAdapter.checkComplete(MainDeployerAdapter.java:128)
                at org.jboss.system.server.profileservice.hotdeploy.HDScanner.scan(HDScanner.java:369)
                at org.jboss.system.server.profileservice.hotdeploy.HDScanner.run(HDScanner.java:255)
                at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:441)
                at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRunAndReset(FutureTask.java:317)
                at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.runAndReset(FutureTask.java:150)
                at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$101(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:98)
                at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.runPeriodic(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:181)
                at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:205)
                at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:886)
                at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:908)
                at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

• 3. Re: Portlet Bridge and LifeRay

Hi,

now I have the same problem like Luis Losada discribed in his post. He solved it with the following definition within the sun-web.xml

<sun-web-app error-url="">

<!-- KO -->  <!--  <context-root/> -->   
                <!-- OK --> <context-root>/ProcessPortlet</context-root>
                <class-loader delegate="true"/>
                <jsp-config>
                  <property name="keepgenerated" value="true">
                    <description>Keep a copy of the generated servlet class' java code.</description>
                  </property>
                </jsp-config>
              </sun-web-app>

But I am using JBoss AS 5.1, so what can I do to solve this problem?

• 4. Re: Portlet Bridge and LifeRay

Hello Luis, I tested your example of the project TestProtlet01.war and it works very well. I am using GlassFish v3 and Liferay Portal 5.2.3.  Could you give me the source code of the project. I would like to create my own project using your code as a basis. My e-mail:  andrej@online.ua

Thank you in advance.