1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 2, 2010 11:58 AM by pepez

@TransactionTimeout(...) doesn't have effect with com.arjuna.ats.jbossatx.jta.TransactionManagerService

hristo

Hello,

In jboss-service.xml there are two possible transaction manager services:

com.arjuna.ats.jbossatx.jta.TransactionManagerService and one that is commented: org.jboss.tm.TransactionManagerService.
      In both of them I can configure the transaction timeout globally. But if I want to use the annotation @TransactionTimeout(...) to configure it on per method basis then the annotation doesn't have any effect when using com.arjuna.ats.jbossatx.jta.TransactionManagerService.
      However if I switch to org.jboss.tm.TransactionManagerService then @TransactionTimeout(...) is working OK when I annotate a method. The same goes when I use configuration in jboss.xml in my application.
      I read several post among which http://community.jboss.org/wiki/TransactionTimeout but it didn't help me.
      Does anybody know what I have to do in order to set the transaction timeout for a method or why org.jboss.tm.TransactionManagerService in jboss-services.xml is said to be "depricated".