6 Replies Latest reply on Jan 13, 2012 12:23 AM by harikrishnas

java.lang.RuntimeException: Error obtaining connection: org.jboss.util.NestedSQLException

harikrishnas

Hi ,

We are experiencing production down with the below error. Its happening on Jboss 4.2.2 cluster. However other node is unaffected.

[thread: ajp-0.0.0.0-8009-34] January 9, 2012 2:32:07 PM IST java.lang.RuntimeException: Error obtaining connection: org.jboss.util.NestedSQLException: Could not enlist in transaction on entering meta-aware object!; - nested throwable: (javax.transaction.SystemException: java.lang.Throwable: Unabled to enlist resource, see the previous warnings. tx=TransactionImple < ac, BasicAction: a620b96:c0f:4f0a7b1f:4f10ba status: ActionStatus.ABORT_ONLY >); - nested throwable: (org.jboss.resource.JBossResourceException: Could not enlist in transaction on entering meta-aware object!; - nested throwable: (javax.transaction.SystemException: java.lang.Throwable: Unabled to enlist resource, see the previous warnings. tx=TransactionImple < ac, BasicAction: a620b96:c0f:4f0a7b1f:4f10ba status: ActionStatus.ABORT_ONLY >))

Regards,

Hari

• 1. Re: java.lang.RuntimeException: Error obtaining connection: org.jboss.util.NestedSQLException
          wdfink

Is it possible that the transaction is timed-out or in an abort state before?

• 2. Re: java.lang.RuntimeException: Error obtaining connection: org.jboss.util.NestedSQLException
            harikrishnas

No the transaction is not timed out or abort state

They tried the below option as well

<property name=”com.arjuna.ats.jta.allowMultipleLastResources” value=”true”/>

• 3. Re: java.lang.RuntimeException: Error obtaining connection: org.jboss.util.NestedSQLException
              wdfink

I suppose you use more than one party for the transaction, could you describe/attatch the environment, code and error a bit more detailed?

At least your other node is not affected, if it works you might have a difference there in *-ds.xml, DB driver or use-case?

• 4. Re: java.lang.RuntimeException: Error obtaining connection: org.jboss.util.NestedSQLException
                harikrishnas

I am getting the following error

[thread: ajp-0.0.0.0-8009-15] January 12, 2012 11:08:46 AM IST com.saba.exception.SabaException : (99999) An unknown error occurred. Please try again. If the situation persists, please contact the site administrator. (@001)

java.rmi.ServerException: RuntimeException; nested exception is:

java.lang.RuntimeException: Error obtaining connection: org.jboss.util.NestedSQLException: Could not enlist in transaction on entering meta-aware object!; - nested throwable: (javax.transaction.SystemException: java.lang.Throwable: Unabled to enlist resource, see the previous warnings. tx=TransactionImple < ac, BasicAction: a620b95:9c2:4f0dd128:250359 status: ActionStatus.ABORT_ONLY >); - nested throwable: (org.jboss.resource.JBossResourceException: Could not enlist in transaction on entering meta-aware object!; - nested throwable: (javax.transaction.SystemException: java.lang.Throwable: Unabled to enlist resource, see the previous warnings. tx=TransactionImple < ac, BasicAction: a620b95:9c2:4f0dd128:250359 status: ActionStatus.ABORT_ONLY >))

at com.saba.util.SabaSecurityUtil.doHasPrivilege(SabaSecurityUtil.java:374)

at com.saba.util.SabaSecurityUtil.hasPrivilege(SabaSecurityUtil.java:131)

at com.saba.client.common.GranularPrivCheckCommand.canAssessOthersCompetency(GranularPrivCheckCommand.java:197)

at com.saba.client.mra.AssessCompetenciesFilter.filter(AssessCompetenciesFilter.java:42)

at com.saba.menutree.business.MenuManagerDelegate.runFilter(MenuManagerDelegate.java:1063)

at com.saba.menutree.business.MenuManagerDelegate.getCachedUserMenu(MenuManagerDelegate.java:959)

at com.saba.menutree.business.MenuManagerDelegate.getMenu(MenuManagerDelegate.java:225)

at com.saba.web.uiframework.MenuItemTreeHelper.getMenu(MenuItemTreeHelper.java:279)

at com.saba.web.uiframework.MenuItemTreeHelper.getMenu(MenuItemTreeHelper.java:333)

at com.saba.client.uiframework.MenuStateUtil.getMenuState(MenuStateUtil.java:72)

at com.saba.client.uiframework.MenuCommand.doExecute(MenuCommand.java:99)

at com.saba.web.dk.AbstractCommand.execute(AbstractCommand.java:165)

This is running on JBoss AS 4.2.2

• 5. Re: java.lang.RuntimeException: Error obtaining connection: org.jboss.util.NestedSQLException
                  wdfink

Hi Hari,

please try to remove the posts that created by fault (I see 8 with different post timestamps and the same log excerpt)

I suppose it is a bug with the new SSO, I have also some funny effects with the login

Also often an error after submit, but if I refresh the browser the post is done

• 6. Re: java.lang.RuntimeException: Error obtaining connection: org.jboss.util.NestedSQLException
                    harikrishnas

Yes Wolf-Dieter,

When i was trying to give the reply i was getting error as try again.