10 Replies Latest reply on Jan 11, 2012 5:04 AM by ctomc

Content distribution between DC and slaves and ref attribute in socket-bindings

damjankumar1

I am doing a JBoss 7 demonstration for our developers in my company. We are heavy users of JBoss 4 and JBoss 5 and we have started evaluating the JBoss 7. As a part of my demonstration I setup a domain with two servers, one acting as a domain controller, and mod_cluster for load balancing.

The setup works, but I have two problems. One is when creating a new server configuration with the help of the console.  The new server is created and started and everything works fine, as long you do not restart the host controller. If you do a restart, the host will not start due to a parser error (javax.xml.stream.XMLStreamException: ParseError at [row,col] [Host Controller] Message: JBAS014788: Unexpected attribute 'ref' encountered). If I remove a “ref” attribute from <server name="test" group="main-server-group" auto-start="false"><socket-bindings ref="standard-sockets" port-offset="777"/> </server> in host.xml, the host starts without a problem.

The next problem is with the distribution of the content (deployments) between the DC running on Windows 7 and the slaves running on CentOs 6.2. The content is distributed to the slaves, but the filename “content” in content sub directories is prefixed with “/”, as “/content”. If I rename the file to “content”, the host picks up the correct deployment after restart.  

I apologise if this are known problems, I did RTFM, but could not find a solution. I am attaching my configuration for jboss-as-7.1.0.CR1b.