5 Replies Latest reply on Jan 9, 2012 4:46 AM by apolci

3.3M4 deployment problem

apolci

Hello,

I'm not sure if my problem is related to JBoss Tools or the underliing WTP.

I have an ear (A.ear) project includin an ejb project (B.jar), that depends on an utility module (C.jar). They are all maven projects that I impoerted in Eclise.

If i build the ear in maven all works fine, but if instead I deploy to a local Jboss server throught the Servers view (full publish) it doesn't work.

The problem is that the C.jar that is deployed to the server doesn't contains generated binaries but the content of the src folder of the project (main/java/.....)

I checked all I can think about, (dependency configuration of the projects, facets, ...) and I tried to remove the projects from eclipse e re-import them, the result is always the same.

The strange thing is that anore utility module, used in the same exact way, and with the same project configuration is deployed correctly.

Someone already had a similar problem?

Any suggestion on what I should check?

Thanks,

Andrea Polci

• 1. Re: 3.3M4 deployment problem
          maxandersen

Please try just released M5 - in here we fixed https://issues.jboss.org/browse/JBIDE-8863 which I *think* should cover your problem based on your description.

If not - please open jira with details in https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/JBIDE on how to reproduce - thanks!

• 2. Re: 3.3M4 deployment problem
            apolci

I upgraded to M5 but the problem seems to remain.

About jira I'm not sure on how to reproduce the problem since I have other projects with similar structure and they work just fine and I don't understand what is triggering it.

I'm also quite sure that the same project worked fine a few days ago and I didn't changed anything important in the configuration. I'll try to revert old source to be sure.

Thanks for the help.

Andrea

• 3. Re: 3.3M4 deployment problem
              maxandersen

just noticed you mentioend maven - do you have latest version of eclipse m2e/wtp installed to be sure it actually configures m2e properly to work with WTP style projects?

• 4. Re: 3.3M4 deployment problem
                apolci

I have m2e 1.0.100 and wtp 3.3.1, they are the latest right?

I tried to revert to a version of my project that I knew was working and the problem remain the same, so it have to be something in eclipse.

I should try to delete the workspace and recreate it, but actually I'm working on a different project. Will try when I switch again to that project.

Thanks again,

Andrea

• 5. Re: 3.3M4 deployment problem
                  apolci

Finally I figured out the problem.

For some reason the C project (the utility module) had wrong configuration in Deployment Assembly section of the project properties.

The /src/ folder was mapped on / deploy path. Instead the /src/main/java forlder should be mapped on / deploy path.

I still don't know how this happened (neved changed this section manually). May be there was a problem with the eclipse project configuration generation from maven configuration, but I don't know.

Thanks for the help,

Andrea