3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 10, 2012 1:55 PM by arghya_pat

jbpm 5.2 on jboss server 5.1.0  doesn't start

a_nat

Hi forum,

I'm trying to run jbpm 52 on jboss as 5.1.0.

To do this, I changed the build.propeties (attached along), then did following.

* ant install.demo.noeclipse

* ant start.demo.no eclipse.

I have some errors in the server.log (attached along) of jboss and needless to say it stops everything fromworking. Can someone please help me with any pointers to overcome this...

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.jbpm.integration.console.JBPMTransactionManager from BaseClassLoader@d99f4a{VFSClassLoaderPolicy@168f248{name=vfsfile:/D:/JBPM_POC/jBPM5.2/jboss-5.1.0.GA/server/default/conf/jboss-service.xml domain=ClassLoaderDomain@18adae2{name=DefaultDomain  ......

2012-01-06 11:59:07,877 ERROR [org.jboss.kernel.plugins.dependency.AbstractKernelController] (main) Error installing to Start: name=persistence.unit:unitName=#org.jbpm.persistence.jpa state=Create

javax.persistence.PersistenceException: [PersistenceUnit: org.jbpm.persistence.jpa] Unable to build EntityManagerFactory

Caused by: org.hibernate.HibernateException: Could not instantiate TransactionManagerLookup 'org.jbpm.integration.console.JBPMTransactionManager'

2012-01-06 11:59:09,468 INFO  [STDOUT] (Timer-3) ERROR 06-01 11:59:09,465 (MultiIndex.java:checkFlush:1293)   Unable to commit volatile index org.apache.lucene.index.CorruptIndexException: checksum mismatch in segments file

Thanks and Regards,

Aparna

• 1. Re: jbpm 5.2 on jboss server 5.1.0  doesn't start
          swiderski.maciej

I believe you need to modify persistence.xml file for jBPM, as it defaults right now to JBoss AS 7. The file can be found in INSTALLER_HOME/db and change:

<!-- for AS7 --> 
                <property name="hibernate.transaction.manager_lookup_class" value="org.jbpm.integration.console.JBPMTransactionManager" />
                <!-- for AS5 -->
                <!-- <property name="hibernate.transaction.manager_lookup_class" value="org.hibernate.transaction.JBossTransactionManagerLookup" /> --> 
                <

uncomment line for AS5 and comment out for AS7. Then rerun install demo and so on.

Alternatively you can find persistence.xml inside jbpm-gwt-console-server.war (jbpm-gwt-console-server-war/WEB-INF/classes/META-INF/) and to the mentioned changes.

HTH

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: jbpm 5.2 on jboss server 5.1.0  doesn't start
            a_nat

Hi,

Thanks for the help, it helped me get rid of the Class Not Found exception, but i'm still struggling with the following..

10:23:58,828 INFO  [STDOUT] ERROR 09-01 10:23:58,813 (RepositoryImpl.java:initStartupWorkspaces:540)     Failed to initialize workspace 'default'
            javax.jcr.RepositoryException: Unable to initialize query handler: org.apache.jackrabbit.core.query.lucene.SearchIndex@cb8d96

Caused by: org.apache.lucene.index.CorruptIndexException: checksum mismatch in segments file

Thanks and regards,

Aparna

• 3. Re: jbpm 5.2 on jboss server 5.1.0  doesn't start
              arghya_pat

Please check the repository.xml in "/bin" folder.Trya fresh istallation.

But as per my experience,its better to downgrade to jBPM 5.1 as 5.2  has many internal jar conflicts with JBOSS 5.

1 of 1 people found this helpful