6 Replies Latest reply on Jan 3, 2012 10:18 AM by npereira

jBPM 5.2 BPMN2 schema question

npereira

Hi forum,

First congrats on the jbpm5.2 relase, great new features!

Now a quick question on the schema that is generated by the drools guvnor designer.

When I create a BPM2 in the drools web designer, I'm not able to import it to the eclipse base designer. The schema being generated is different form the schema eclipse generates.

Is this something still under development, the drools-2-eclipse trip?

Note: I tried creating a bpmn in eclipse and putting into drools guvnor and it works fine. Just having problems with the other way round!

Regards,

npereira

• 1. Re: jBPM 5.2 BPMN2 schema question
          npereira

Hi forum,

Any thoughts on this? Is it happening to anybody else?

Regards,

Nelson

• 2. Re: jBPM 5.2 BPMN2 schema question
            tsurdilovic

Hi npereira, can you show an example of a process you are having issues with. I don't think the schemas are an issue but would like to test it out.

Thanks.

• 3. Re: jBPM 5.2 BPMN2 schema question
              npereira

Hi Tihomir,

Sorry for the late reply.

I have managed to get some more information on this, and I have found out that the problem I have had is basically with large processes.

I have managed to round tripping it from Guvnor to eclipse.

The only issue I encountered was when doing large processes, I found that Oryx was not persisting all the coordinates.

<bpmndi:BPMNShape id="_sVNcYCoxEeGn7MDXh8rrGw" bpmnElement="_8DF0ECF8-A1B3-42C1-AB24-8E9CE6D0AEF8">

<dc:Bounds height="28.0" width="28.0" x="1386.0" y="99.0"/>

</bpmndi:BPMNShape>

<bpmndi:BPMNShape id="_sXHg4CoxEeGn7MDXh8rrGw" bpmnElement="_14AF3FB4-E302-4BCE-BD8B-D917130D6325">

<dc:Bounds height="250.0" width="1455.0" x="30.0"/>

</bpmndi:BPMNShape>

<bpmndi:BPMNShape id="_sYEjICoxEeGn7MDXh8rrGw" bpmnElement="_502A8D23-E01F-406C-B100-31CE7CA0FC5C">

<dc:Bounds height="250.0" width="1455.0" x="30.0" y="270.0"/>

I am not really sure why this is happening, but if I might suggest something I think it might have to do with issue number JBPM-3461. This issue had to do with the increase of the canvas size and because some of the objects are very near this canvas limited I was suggesting this.

I will send you an private message with the entire xml code.

Regards,

NPereira

• 4. Re: jBPM 5.2 BPMN2 schema question
                tsurdilovic

Sorry I am not able to reproduce the problem locally with the bpmn2 you have sent to private. Can you please try replacing your designer war with what's here: http://people.redhat.com/tsurdilo/designer/master/ and let me know if it makes any difference for you?

• 5. Re: jBPM 5.2 BPMN2 schema question
                  tsurdilovic

Actually I take the above back. I see that the bounds for one of your lanes is missing the y position in the BPMNDI. The x,y position of any node on the Designer canvas is the upper-left corner of the node. In your case the first Lane top-left corner is not in the actual canvas. If you move the Lane down a bit so that it is fully included in the canvas you do not get this issue. Hope this helps.

• 6. Re: jBPM 5.2 BPMN2 schema question
                    npereira

Hi Tihomir,

just tried what you said and it worked perfectly.

Thank you very much.

Regards,

NPereira