8 Replies Latest reply on Jan 12, 2012 12:01 PM by pbrewer_uk

jBPM 5.2 setup on Jboss7.1b

pushpak1981

Hi

I have installed jBPM 5.2 on Jboss 7.1b. I modified the following files to point to my oracle 11g database.

1. standalone.xml

2. jbpm-gwt-console-server.war

a. persistence.xml

b. hibernate.cfg.xml

c. JBPMorm.xml

After starting the server JPA is loaded and the following error occurs:

18:50:18,828 ERROR [org.jboss.msc.service.fail] (MSC service thread 1-2) MSC00001: Failed to start service jboss.persistenceunit."jbpm-gwt-console-server.war#org.jbpm.persistence.jpa": org.jboss.msc.service.StartException in service jboss.persistenceunit."j

at org.jboss.msc.service.ServiceControllerImpl$StartTask.run(ServiceControllerImpl.java:1780) [jboss-msc-1.0.1.GA.jar:]

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:885) [:1.6.0_03]

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:907) [:1.6.0_03]

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619) [:1.6.0_03]

Caused by: javax.persistence.PersistenceException: [PersistenceUnit: org.jbpm.persistence.jpa] Unable to build EntityManagerFactory

at org.hibernate.ejb.Ejb3Configuration.buildEntityManagerFactory(Ejb3Configuration.java:914)

at org.hibernate.ejb.Ejb3Configuration.buildEntityManagerFactory(Ejb3Configuration.java:890)

at org.hibernate.ejb.HibernatePersistence.createContainerEntityManagerFactory(HibernatePersistence.java:73)

at org.jboss.as.jpa.service.PersistenceUnitServiceImpl.createContainerEntityManagerFactory(PersistenceUnitServiceImpl.java:149)

at org.jboss.as.jpa.service.PersistenceUnitServiceImpl.start(PersistenceUnitServiceImpl.java:79)

at org.jboss.msc.service.ServiceControllerImpl$StartTask.startService(ServiceControllerImpl.java:1824) [jboss-msc-1.0.1.GA.jar:]

at org.jboss.msc.service.ServiceControllerImpl$StartTask.run(ServiceControllerImpl.java:1759) [jboss-msc-1.0.1.GA.jar:]

... 3 more

Caused by: org.hibernate.MappingException: Could not determine type for: java.util.Set, at table: ProcessInstanceInfo, for columns: [org.hibernate.mapping.Column(eventTypes)]

at org.hibernate.mapping.SimpleValue.getType(SimpleValue.java:304)

at org.hibernate.mapping.SimpleValue.isValid(SimpleValue.java:288)

at org.hibernate.mapping.Property.isValid(Property.java:216)

at org.hibernate.mapping.PersistentClass.validate(PersistentClass.java:467)

at org.hibernate.mapping.RootClass.validate(RootClass.java:268)

at org.hibernate.cfg.Configuration.validate(Configuration.java:1287)

at org.hibernate.cfg.Configuration.buildSessionFactory(Configuration.java:1718)

at org.hibernate.ejb.EntityManagerFactoryImpl.<init>(EntityManagerFactoryImpl.java:76)

at org.hibernate.ejb.Ejb3Configuration.buildEntityManagerFactory(Ejb3Configuration.java:905)

... 9 more

Is there anything wrong in the configuration.

• 1. Re: jBPM 5.2 setup on Jboss7.1b error
          salaboy21

It looks like there is some problem with Oracle mappings in the database. Can you search here in the forums a thread that talks the changes that needs to be done to work with oracle? Cheers

• 2. Re: jBPM 5.2 setup on Jboss7.1b error
            pushpak1981

Thanks for the reply. Is there any table called EventTypes in JBPM5 ? I went through the code ProcessInstanceInfo it shows table join with EventTypes table.

• 3. Re: jBPM 5.2 setup on Jboss7.1b error
              salaboy21

It's using the org.hibernate.annotations.CollectionOfElements; annotation. + @JoinTable(name = "EventTypes", joinColumns = @JoinColumn(name = "InstanceId"))

You should read how that annotation gets mapped into oracle.. probably that's where the solution is.. I'm pretty sure that someone else already write about that.

Cheers

• 4. Re: jBPM 5.2 setup on Jboss7.1b error
                dejewi

Tony D did you solve this error?

I have similar problem but I use postgresql database

• 5. Re: jBPM 5.2 setup on Jboss7.1b error
                  pushpak1981

no i am still struggling on it to get it up and running.

• 6. Re: jBPM 5.2 setup on Jboss7.1b error
                    dejewi

I have solved it

I my case when I opened class ProcessInstanceInfo then my IDE start highlight @CollectionOfElements annotation in line 66.

So solution to my exception[1] was to add a hibernate-annotations dependency/library to my pom.xml[2]

I hope that will help you too

[1] Caused by: org.hibernate.MappingException: Could not determine type for: java.util.Set, at table: ProcessInstanceInfo, for columns: [org.hibernate.mapping.Column(eventTypes)]

[2]   <dependency>

<groupId>org.hibernate</groupId>

<artifactId>hibernate-annotations</artifactId>

<version>3.4.0.GA</version>

</dependency>

• 7. Re: jBPM 5.2 setup on Jboss7.1b error
                      pushpak1981

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.. On which server you are trying to deploy your jBPM 5.2.

I went through the link http://kverlaen.blogspot.com/2011/07/jbpm5-on-as7-lightning.html

In that its mentioned to comment the JPA subsystem in standalone.xml file. when i commented the the tables are also not getting created. i.e. the JPA is not getting loaded ?

You mentioned regarding pom.xml file. which is the pom.xml file ? is it the file present in jbpm-gwt-console-server.war ?

• 8. Re: jBPM 5.2 setup on Jboss7.1b
                        pbrewer_uk

I had this same issue and solved it by updating the orm.xml file with the following:

{code:xml}

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<entity-mappings version="2.0" xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/persistence/orm" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:schemaLocation="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/persistence/orm http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/persistence/orm_2_0.xsd">

<named-native-query name="ProcessInstancesWaitingForEvent" result-set-mapping="ProcessInstancesWaitingForEvent.mapping">

<query>

select distinct

p.InstanceId

from

ProcessInstanceInfo p

join

EventTypes e on p.InstanceId=e.InstanceId

and

:type = e.eventTypes

</query>

</named-native-query>

<sql-result-set-mapping name="ProcessInstancesWaitingForEvent.mapping">

<column-result name="InstanceId" />

</sql-result-set-mapping>

<entity class="org.jbpm.persistence.processinstance.ProcessInstanceInfo">

<attributes>

<element-collection name="eventTypes">

<collection-table name="EventTypes">

<join-column name="InstanceId" />

</collection-table>

</element-collection>

</attributes>

</entity>

</entity-mappings>

{code}

What I'm not sure about is how to restore state once its been saved.

HTH

Pete