3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 3, 2012 8:58 AM by tsurdilovic

How can I assign user task to group by web-based designer?

hhxkss

I try to design the workflow process by web-based designer 2.0. But I've no idea how to assign User Task to Group/Role. I only find the property named "Actors" which may only use for assigning to user. Is there any user guide or document about this web-based designer 2.0?

Another question, Why I get the different bpmn file from the web-based designer and the eclipse-based designer?

Thanks

• 1. Re: How can I assign user task to group by web-based designer?
          tsurdilovic

>> But I've no idea how to assign User Task to Group/Role. <<

In the Task properties window, expand "More properties" and add GroupId to the tasks DataInputSet property value, the in the Assignments property value set the group name by doing an association: GroupId=XYZ where XYZ is the name of your group.

>> Why I get the different bpmn file from the web-based designer and the eclipse-based designer? <<

The small differences are because Eclipse tooling uses the internal jBPM parser where as Designer uses the eclipse.bpmn2 API. The differences are very small, for example <bpmn2:process .../> instead of <process ..../> and the geneartion of node IDs is different (Designer currently does not generate very human-readable ids but we are working on that for future versions). Both tools generate valid BPMN2 that follows the specification, and is executeable in the jBPM runtime.

Hope this helps.

• 2. Re: How can I assign user task to group by web-based designer?
            hhxkss

Thanks.

• 3. Re: How can I assign user task to group by web-based designer?
              tsurdilovic

Glad to help. Would you mind putting this thread as answered if you have no further questions on it? Thanks.