7 Replies Latest reply on Dec 24, 2011 9:19 AM by tsurdilovic

about how create svg file?

okey9

i have problem :

when i use the the designer of bpmn2, success to create the a bpmn2 file (.bpmn) , a json file (.json)  and a svg file (.svg).    

then  i can find the useTask id , for example , the bpmn2 file contains a userTask , it is

<bpmn2:userTask id="_5968F97B-B8B4-4A6A-B419-A9873BD1F8B8" name="first usertask name">..... </bpmn2:userTask>

i  think should that  i can find the "id"  in the svg file ,   but  i can't find any  information about the "id"   in the svg file.

why???

how   be related  between the file(*.bpmn)  and the file (*.svg) ?

please  help me..

• 1. Re: about how create svg file?
          tsurdilovic

SVG is just the graphical representation of your process and does not include any specific process information similar to the png or pdf representations.

Can you explain what you are trying to accomplish?

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: about how create svg file?
            okey9

thank for your answer.

that  now ,  we are ready to use the svg file that  describe all process through the graphical representation.

for example:  now , the process has arrive at the first node

out1.png

so, i can get  some infos from bpmn2 file when get the pending usertask info

i think that should  be related  between the file(*.bpmn)  and the file (*.svg) .

then  i can use some bpmn file info to control the svg file.

please help me!

• 3. Re: about how create svg file?
              tsurdilovic

I think I understand what you are trying to do. You would need to get the list of active nodes from your process info. Once you have their ID's reference them in your process bpmn2 (get the x,y positions from the BPMNDI info). Once you have that you can overlay a div ontop of the svg or try to manipulate the SVG to show the green checkmark at the positions of the active nodes.

• 4. Re: about how create svg file?
                okey9

yes, this's right .

i always can't find any relevance between the bpmn2 file and svg file .  so  i try to use the the  TaskName of UserTask , the TaskName exits in both files and   be related .

but i think that it's not right before get better method

thanks Tihomir;

• 5. Re: about how create svg file?
                  tsurdilovic

For what you are trying to do, a better approach would be not to use the generated SVG but use the jBPM web designer to generate the PNG image of your process. The reason I say this is that the generated PNG image (which gets stored in your guvnor package by the way after generating it) has a 1-to-1 ratio to the designer canvas you generated it in. At this point, any x,y positioning in your process BPMNDI section will be valid in correspondance to the png image, an you do not have to manipulate them. Hope this helps.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                  • 6. Re: about how create svg file?
                    okey9

thanks for your suggest.

may be our requirements PNG image not be satisfied.  except show the images , we need use the SVG file Interact with the users. for examples , insert  a few javascript , the users can click the nodes  which they want to . realize a few functions of our system.  so I think that  choice SVG file is better.

thank you  very much !

• 7. Re: about how create svg file?
                      tsurdilovic

Dynamically creating an image map given the bpmndi info from your bpmn2 and the png image could work too maybe, but again, I don't know your requirements well enough to say for sure.