2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 22, 2011 4:35 AM by sid3

Jboss server startup issue (JNDI thread)

sid3

Hi All,

I have installed Oracle 11gR2 as my database server on a RHEL 6 machine, and my JBoss SOA suite 5.2 on another RHEL 6 machine. I have checked that my database is up and running and also its listener is up and ready to listen. So the problem here is, whenever I try to startup my Jboss server it gets stuck at [NamingHelper] JNDI InitialContext properties:{} it waits on this thread for long time arund 30mins and then errors out with

Ora-12159 :TNS no appropriate service found.

I have checked everything from the oracle side and all looks good even the service name used to connect to the database is correct. So this is surely a JBoss side error I think. And hence need to know what exactly is the problem. Please help, for reference i have attached the screen shot of my Jboss server startup error. Thanks in advance.

JBoss_error.png

• 1. Re: Jboss server startup issue (JNDI thread)
          wdfink

How does your -ds.xml looks like, do you use plain jdbc or OCI?

What you can test it whether you can connect with a simple (Java)SQL client like SQuirreL, if it also don't work here it is not a JBoss problem.

Maybe network or oracle installation.

• 2. Re: Jboss server startup issue (JNDI thread)
            sid3

Hi Wolf-Dieter Fink,

Thanks for your inputs.

My oracle-ds.xml looks as per the attached image also the text contents of this file are pasted below. Yes I use plain jdbc (saved the ojdbc6.jar in my lib dir of the default server profile of JBoss). Yes i can connect to the database using an SQL client ( I use TOAD to do this) and could see the users, active session etc...on the database which in my case is ORACLE11gR2 installed on another RHEL 6 machine.

oracle-ds.xml.png

Oracle-ds.xml

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!-- ===================================================================== -->

<!--                                                                       -->

<!--  JBoss Server Configuration                                           -->

<!--                                                                       -->

<!-- ===================================================================== -->

<!-- $Id: oracle-ds.xml 63175 2007-05-21 16:26:06Z rrajesh $ -->

<!-- ==================================================================== -->

<!--  Datasource config for Oracle originally from Steven Coy             -->

<!-- ==================================================================== -->

<datasources>

<local-tx-datasource>

<jndi-name>DefaultDS</jndi-name>

<connection-url>jdbc:oracle:thin:@I4483-vm6.abc.com:1521:pocjbsoadb</connection-url>

<driver-class>oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver</driver-class>

<user-name>myusername</user-name>

<password>abcdefgh</password>

<transaction-isolation>TRANSACTION_READ_COMMITTED</transaction-isolation>

<exception-sorter-class-name>org.jboss.resource.adapter.jdbc.vendor.OracleExceptionSorter</exception-sorter-class-name>

<min-pool-size>15</min-pool-size>

<max-pool-size>50</max-pool-size>

<metadata>

<type-mapping>Oracle9i</type-mapping>

</metadata>

</local-tx-datasource>

</datasources>

If anything else required please do let me know. Thanks.