2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 22, 2011 2:49 AM by qtm

Topic Browser

qtm

Hi,

I'm trying to browse a topic without removing any message, like QueueBrowser does. Adding a durable subscriber(I need to get all the messages that have been published whenever I connect) in a CLIENT_ACKNOWLEDGE session is the closest I've got to. I never acknowledge any message, so they are not removed from the topic. Unfortunately, I don't see the messages that had been published to the topic before I've added my subscriber. Also, in the db all the new messages are duplicated for my subscriber too(I guess there is no way I can avoid this).

Which way is the best to see all the messages that have been published on that topic since the begining without removing them?

Thank you

• 1. Re: Topic Browser
          gaohoward

Re: Unfortunately, I don't see the messages that had been published to the topic before I've added my subscriber.

That's expected behavior.

Re: Which way is the best to see all the messages that have been published on that topic since the begining without removing them?

Did you try jmx-console? Also you can do it programatically as the operations are defined in mbeans.

Howard

• 2. Re: Topic Browser
            qtm

Hi Howard,

Yes, listing all subscriptions and then getting the messages for each subscription solves my problem.

Thanks again