7 Replies Latest reply on Jan 4, 2012 4:11 PM by tsurdilovic

"No diagram associated with process"

jbpm5_user

Hey guys,

I'm using jBPM 5.1 and I started with a tutoial you can see here:

http://jkrzemie.wordpress.com/2011/03/30/jbpm-5-0-creating-simple-human-tasks-with-variables/

I have a .jar-file that that contains of the image (${processId-image.png}) and two .ftl-files. I added them to the servers classpath.

The .bpmn file was added to ${install.home}/sample/evaluation/src/main/resources/

Well, everything works fine except of the diagram in the jBPM-Console. I can start a process but not watching the diagram.

I always get the message "No diagram associated with process".

What could the problem be?

Thanks,

Bye

• 1. Re: "No diagram associated with process"
          tsurdilovic

Process images and forms need to be in the same directory as your bpmn2 processes, not in a jar file on the classpath. For the console, the value of the jbpm.console.directory property in jbpm.console.properties determines where the console will look at processes, forms, and process images which are not in Guvnor (deployed on the file system).

Hope this helps.

• 2. Re: "No diagram associated with process"
            jbpm5_user

Hi Tihomir,

your answer helped. Thanks a lot!!

• 3. Re: "No diagram associated with process"
              tsurdilovic

Cool. Mind setting this thread as answered? Thanks.

• 4. Re: "No diagram associated with process"
                grimey

Hello,

I have the same problem like the user who started this discussion.

Unfortunatelly I still have this problem although.

If I put the forms and the png file into the same folder as the BPMN 2.0 file, I can see and start the process but I can't see the forms nor the png. When I put the forms and the png into the classpath I can see the forms but not the png. But the name of the png is correct: ${processId-image.png}

Well...there is no jbpm.console.properties on my system....so what can I do?

I hope you can help me.

Thanks.

• 5. Re: "No diagram associated with process"
                  tsurdilovic

If you are using the jBPM installer, this properties file is going to be in $jbpm-installer-dir/conf. If you are not using the installer it should be in $gwt-console-server.war/WEB-INF/classes

You can also set a system property via code or pass it on AS startup via -Djbpm.console.directory=XYZ where XYZ is the location of your directory containing process assets.

Hope this helps.

• 6. Re: "No diagram associated with process"
                    grimey

Hi Tihomir,

I found the statement <arg value="-Djbpm.console.directory=${install.home}/sample/evaluation/src/main/resources" /> in the build.xml file.

But when I put my forms and png there, I can't see them in jBPM Console.

Any suggestions?

Regards

• 7. Re: "No diagram associated with process"
                      tsurdilovic

Can you post your process assets to I can try to reproduce?