2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 19, 2011 4:17 PM by vladimir.mezera

Web Designer 2.0 and UserTask

vladimir.mezera

Hello,

I have a problem with  Web Designer, UserTask, Form and variables. Do you know some documentation, how i can set variables to form a get values back? I don't see it as in documenattion and it's not the same as in Eclipse editor.

Thx

VM

• 1. Re: Web Designer 2.0 and UserTask
          tsurdilovic

Hi Vladimir, yes we are improving the UI of the designer to make it more user-friendly, especially for user inputs such as process variables and data input/output associations.

Currently, to define process variables, in the BPMN-Diagram properties section you can defined them in the Variable Definitions input field with the following pattern:

<process_var_name>:<process_var_type>

so for example you could have:

x:String,y:Date,z

If you do not specify a type, it will default to Object type.

For user tasks, you have couple of property fields to look at:

DataInputSet: comma-separated definition of data inputs of the task, for example: a,b

DataOutputSet: comma-separated definition of data outputs of the task, for example: j,k

Assignments: define the input/output assignments and associations here, for example if you define process variables x,y and let's say usertask data input a and b, and task data output c you could have:

x->a,b=Hello,c->y

in which case process var x will be mapped to the data input a, b will be assigned to string Hello, and output c will be mapped to proces var y.

You can also do bi-directional associations, for example:

x<->a

where x is mapped to a and then a is mapped back out to the process variable x. Note that in this scenario you have to define a as in both the usertask DataInputSet and DataOutputSet.

Hope this helps.

• 2. Re: Web Designer 2.0 and UserTask
            vladimir.mezera

Hi,

thank you very much. It works.

VM