8 Replies Latest reply on Dec 1, 2011 9:44 AM by jesper.pedersen

Ironjacamar, IBM JDK and javax.xml.stream.XMLInputFactory

liegler.maurer

Hi all,

Tried Ironjacamar in embedded mode, Version 1.0.0Final on IBM JDK and got:

Caused by: javax.xml.stream.FactoryConfigurationError: Provider

com.sun.xml.internal.stream.XMLInputFactoryImpl not found

at javax.xml.stream.XMLInputFactory.newInstance(Unknown Source)

at

com.github.fungal.deployment.Unmarshaller.unmarshal(Unmarshaller.java:98)

... 8 more

Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:

com.sun.xml.internal.stream.XMLInputFactoryImpl

at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:139)

at javax.xml.stream.FactoryFinder.newInstance(Unknown Source)

at javax.xml.stream.FactoryFinder.find(Unknown Source)

at javax.xml.stream.FactoryFinder.find(Unknown Source)

... 10 more

After some searching and head pounding i found com.github.fungal.impl.KernelImpl, Method startup:

SecurityActions.setSystemProperty("javax.xml.stream.XMLInputFactory",         

"com.sun.xml.internal.stream.XMLInputFactoryImpl");

As i worked around this using the Woodstox Stax Impl, i can see no reason why this is hardcoded and should be dependent on that Stax Impl.

If any Ironjacmar Teammember may see it also that way - and if its is not fixed sind 1.0.0Final - pls add that fix to your 1.0.6 Release Roadmap.

Thx

Btw. is there a planned release date for 1.0.6Final, as we also would like to see if the usage of the Tuxedo JCA Adapter is now possible and fixed?

• 1. Re: Ironjacamar, IBM JDK and javax.xml.stream.XMLInputFactory
          jesper.pedersen

SecurityActions.setSystemProperty("javax.xml.stream.XMLInputFactory",         

"com.sun.xml.internal.stream.XMLInputFactoryImpl");

Yeah, that doesn't look right - can't remember why I added that - will look at it.

As i worked around this using the Woodstox Stax Impl,

Can you post your changes to the setup, so others can use it for now ?

Btw. is there a planned release date for 1.0.6Final, as we also would like to see if the usage of the Tuxedo JCA Adapter is now possible and fixed?

1.0.6.Final will probably happen mid-December. The Tuxedo adapter should be usable with 1.0.5.Final / 1.1.0.Alpha3 (standalone/embedded) - let us know otherwise. For AS7 it is being tracked by AS7-2075.

• 2. Re: Ironjacamar, IBM JDK and javax.xml.stream.XMLInputFactory
            liegler.maurer

Hi Jesper,

As requested, changes to the setup are:

1) Add the following as e.g. System Properties(There might be also other ways to specify them, read your stax api implementation javadoc)

-Djavax.xml.stream.XMLInputFactory=com.ctc.wstx.stax.WstxInputFactory"

-Djavax.xml.stream.XMLOutputFactory=com.ctc.wstx.stax.WstxOutputFactory"

-Djavax.xml.stream.XMLEventFactory=com.ctc.wstx.stax.WstxEventFactory"

2) Put Woodstox on your classpath or bundle it up. Maven Coordinates i used are:

<!-- STAX IMPLEMENTATION -->

<dependency>

<groupId>org.codehaus.woodstox</groupId>

<artifactId>woodstox-core-asl</artifactId>

<version>4.1.2</version>

</dependency>

3) For a workaround, do the following. Pls notice that i use Ironjacamar as embedded and not use the full profile mode -> EmbeddedFactory.create(false). If i would use the full profile mode, Ironjacamar would else try to read in it's standard xmls, which would lead (under above conditions) to said exception.

embeddedJca = EmbeddedFactory.create(false);

//@TODO Bug 6924 - BC in IBM JDK

String javax_xml_stream_XMLInputFactory_Value = System.getProperty(JAVAX_XML_STREAM_XML_INPUT_FACTORY_SYSKEY);

embeddedJca.startup();

//@TODO Bug 6924 - BC in IBM JDK

if(javax_xml_stream_XMLInputFactory_Value != null){

System.setProperty(JAVAX_XML_STREAM_XML_INPUT_FACTORY_SYSKEY, javax_xml_stream_XMLInputFactory_Value);

}

embeddedJca.deploy(FileAccessHelper.getURLFor(batchcontainer_home + Constants.DIR_CONFIG_IRONJACAMAR + "/ironjacamar-naming.xml", true));

• 3. Re: Ironjacamar, IBM JDK and javax.xml.stream.XMLInputFactory
              jesper.pedersen

I have resolved JBJCA-705 - you can depend on 1.0.6-SNAPSHOT / 1.1.0-SNAPSHOT until the releases are out.

Thanks for the report

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Ironjacamar, IBM JDK and javax.xml.stream.XMLInputFactory
                jesper.pedersen

A patch for AS7-2075 has been merged to master - please, try a nightly snapshot or a local build.

• 5. Re: Ironjacamar, IBM JDK and javax.xml.stream.XMLInputFactory
                  liegler.maurer

Hi Jesper,

I tested your bugfix JBJCA-705 with 1.0.6-SNAPSHOT, but it did not work out.

Looking at it with depedency:tree, com.github.fungal:fungal:jar ist still 0.10.0.Beta2 - that's where the bugfix afaik should have been made.

If so, pls correct the depdendencies to the correct SNAPSHOT version of com.github.fungal:fungal:jar.

>>

org.jboss.ironjacamar:ironjacamar-depchain:pom:1.0.6-SNAPSHOT:compile

[INFO] |  +- apache-logging:commons-logging:jar:1.1.0.jboss:runtime

[INFO] |  +- com.github.fungal:fungal:jar:0.10.0.Beta2:runtime

<<

Thx

• 6. Re: Ironjacamar, IBM JDK and javax.xml.stream.XMLInputFactory
                    jesper.pedersen

You need ironjacamar-depchain-1.0.6-20111130.170951-8.pom

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                    • 7. Re: Ironjacamar, IBM JDK and javax.xml.stream.XMLInputFactory
                      liegler.maurer

Ups, my bad.

Never use <updatePolicy>never</updatePolicy> for performance reasons paired with forgetfullness

• 8. Re: Ironjacamar, IBM JDK and javax.xml.stream.XMLInputFactory
                        jesper.pedersen

Nice