2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 21, 2011 7:05 PM by ron_sigal

remoting, classloading and specialized class problem

liobod

Hello world,

First of all, sorry if this topic has already been discussed. I've not found the discussion yet.

I'm trying to send a specialized class (implementing interfaces and/or extending class) over socket transport through jboss remoting with jboss serialization.
      I'm disapointed to see jboss remoting and/or serialization send my objects over the transport layer as their specialized form (aka lastest leaf in inheritance tree) and ignore their defintion or forced casting as super class and/or interface.

You understand it causes classloader exception if this specialized class is not defined on both side.

So i had a look on remote classloading (http://docs.jboss.org/jbossremoting/docs/guide/2.5/html/ch09.html) but, as far i understand only the server side can copy classes that client encounters. Right?
      Precisely i need the contrary : i'd like the client to export visibility on its classes ... and i see nothing in the doc.

For the moment my server is in a sar in a AS context and my client is a junit code but the target is also full AS.

How should i do?

For information, i'm using jboss 5.1.0.GA and i'd like not to upgrade its integrated libs jboss-remoting-2_5_1 and jboss-serialization-1.0.3.GA.

Any advice/hint is welcome,

Thx.