2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 7, 2011 1:08 PM by jbossrulzz

javax.jms.JMSSecurityException: User null is NOT authenticated

jbossrulzz

I am getting the "User null is NOT authenticated" exception in JBoss after migrating from HSQLDB to Mysql for JBoss Messaging.

Configuration details:

JBoss Server 5.1 (4 node cluster)

Mysql 5.5

Heres what i did to migrate from HSQLDB to Mysql:

1. Copied the Mysql JDBC driver (mysql-connector-java-5.1.1.4-bin) to the lib folder of the nodes in JBoss.
      2. Replacde the file hsqldb-ds.xml with mysql-ds.xml in the deploy folder in JBoss.
      3. Replaced the file hsqldb-persistence-service.xml with mysqldb-persistence-service.xml in the messaging folder under deploy in JBoss.
      4. Updated the file mysql-ds.xml to have the following:

<local-tx-datasource>

<jndi-name>defaultDS</jndi-name>

<connection-url>jdbc:mysql://mysql-hostname:3306/jbossdb</connection-url>

<driver-class>com.mysql.jdbc.Driver</driver-class>

<user-name>uname</user-name>

<password>pwd</password>

<transaction-isolation>TRANSACTION_READ_COMMITTED</transaction-isolation>

<min-pool-size>20</min-pool-size>

<max-pool-size>100</max-pool-size>

<security-domain>MySqlDbRealm</security-domain>

5.   Uncommented the "guest=guest" entry in the messaging-users file.

6.  Added the following in the login-config file present in jboss/conf folder:

<application-policy name = "MySqlDbRealm">

<authentication>

<login-module code = "org.jboss.resource.security.ConfiguredIdentityLoginModule" flag = "required">

<module-option name = "principal">uname</module-option>

<module-option name = "userName">uname</module-option>

<module-option name ="password">pwd</module-option>

<module-option name ="managedConnectionFactoryName">jboss.jca:service=LocalTxCM,name=DefaultDS</module-option>

</login-module>

</authentication>

</application-policy>

7.  Added a reference to the MySqlDbRealm in the mysql-ds file by adding the following:

<security-domain>MySqlDbRealm</security-domain>

8.  Ensured that the <type-mapping>mySQL</type-mapping> property vale present in mysql-ds.xml file is the same as the <type-mapping>              property in standardjbosscmp-jdbc.xml file.

I am guessing, i am missing some configuration which is causing the issue. Could someone educate me on what needs to be updated to fix this issue. I see a few people have the same issue, but was not able to find a concrete solution or a pointer to the root cause of the issue.

Thanks

Rajesh

• 1. Re: javax.jms.JMSSecurityException: User null is NOT authenticated
          amathewjboss1

I don't think you need to do the Step 3 (Replaced the file hsqldb-persistence-service.xml with mysqldb-persistence-service.xml in the messaging folder under deploy in JBoss.) to migrate to MySQL database.

Also in the Step4, you already have the <user-name> and <password>. So I am not sure why you are adding <security-domain> into it (for additional security?). Either way if you remove the <security-domain> it should work fine.

• 2. Re: javax.jms.JMSSecurityException: User null is NOT authenticated
            jbossrulzz

Hi all,

I finally managed to fix the issue and following is what we did:

Added the below given snippet to the mysql-ds.xml file which does a background check on the connection pool and ensures that there are no stale connection objects in the pool. Apparently, it was the stale connection objects which caused the issue.

<code>
            <valid-connection-checker-class-name>org.jboss.resource.adapter.jdbc.vendor.MySQLValidConnectionChecker</valid-connection-checker-class-name>
            <background-validation-millis>100</background-validation-millis>
            <exception-sorter-class-name>org.jboss.resource.adapter.jdbc.vendor.MySQLExceptionSorter</exception-sorter-class-name>
            </code>

Hope this helps some one who has the same issue and wants to know what could fix it.