1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 27, 2011 7:52 AM by bosschaert

Bootdelegation and Jaxb

spandit2

Hello Folks

I am deploying a OSGI bundle in Jboss AS 7. This Bundles uses JAXB . This bundle alos exposes JAXRS services using CXF DOSGI. So I have also deployed CXF DOSGI bundle .

My problem is when my bundle try to initialize the JAXB context , it throws a class cast exception . Further debugging revealed that JAXBConext is using BundleClassLoader to load the Context factory .

com.sun.xml.bind.v2.runtime.JAXBContextImpl cannot be cast to javax.xml.bind.JAXBContext

To avoid this conflict , I am trying to get  my bundle to load JAXB either from Jboss AS7 or from the JDK 1.6 .

I read some article that I can use bootdelegation and specify some packages ao that All these packages will be loaded by parent class loader .

I tried setting bootdelegation for javax.xml.bind.context and for com.sun.* but there is no change in behavior .

I am setting  using  -Dorg.osgi.framework.bootdelegation=sun.*,com.sun.*,javax.*

I have also tried setting org.osgi.framework.system.packages.extra in server configuration , but that doesn't help either.

Has anyone used this before ?

Can someone share thoughts if I am on right track ?

Is there any other way to resolve this issue ?

Appreciate any insights.

Sunil