4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 28, 2011 12:31 PM by tsurdilovic

Newb Trouble with the jBPM Console

stepguy

Hello Everyone,

I am a total newb...

I have installed jBPM 5.1 following along with the user guides and have been doing the tutorials.

I got to section 3.5. "10-Minute Tutorial: Using the jBPM Console" and can't get it to work.

When I go to http://localhost:8080/jbpm-console

I get: Error

HTTP 404: 

HTTP Status 404 - Servlet Resteasy is not available

type Status report

message Servlet Resteasy is not available

description The requested resource (Servlet Resteasy is not available) is not available.

JBoss Web/2.1.3.GA

I don't know where to start.  I have searched through these forums but haven't found anything.  That is probably because I don't know what I am looking at.  Any help would be greatly apprecieated.

Thanks in Advance!

• 1. Re: Newb Trouble with the jBPM Console
          tob1as

Hi can not really tell, but

Do you know if the webserver is running?

Did you use ant start.demo?

Have you tried to open the guvnor designer and did that work?

• 2. Re: Newb Trouble with the jBPM Console
            tsurdilovic

Hi Step, sorry you are running into issues. The best way for you to start (and what Tobias was also saying) is to first go through chapter "3.3 Demo Setup". Using the jBPM installer is the easiest way for people starting off with jBPM to get everything up and running and start getting familiar with the tooling and runtime support. Once you go through that chapter and have successfully started the demo setup (ant start.demo) you should then be able to go through the console 10 minute tutorial without issues.

As always if you run into any issues with the docs, please let us know so we can improve them.

Hope this helps.

• 3. Re: Newb Trouble with the jBPM Console
              stepguy

Thanks to both of you.  I have been through the tutorial up to this point.  I was able to get everything installed using section 3.3 and up and running.  The only problem I ran into there is that when I used ant start.demo, jboss failed to start within 5 minutes so it failed.  I started jboss manually and then re-ran ant start.demo and it finished successfully.  I then went through section 3.4 "10-Minute Tutorial: Using the Eclipse tooling" without any problem.  Then I tried to do section 3.5 and when I tried to go to http://localhost:8080/jbpm-console I got the error above.  Does that help?

Thanks Again!

• 4. Re: Newb Trouble with the jBPM Console
                tsurdilovic

>> when I used ant start.demo, jboss failed to start within 5 minutes so it failed << this is really an issue with jboss as 5.1 taking ages to start up. I typically replace it with jboss 4, but anyways, you can increase this value in $jbpm-installer-dir/build.xml, change default:

<waitfor maxwait="5" maxwaitunit="minute" checkevery="30"....

to like

<waitfor maxwait="10" maxwaitunit="minute" checkevery="30".....

>> when I tried to go to http://localhost:8080/jbpm-console I got the error above << what is this error? Increase the maxwait value in build.xml and run ant start.demo again (make sure there are no already running jboss as instances present) so that the server and task service can start up fully, then try again and let us know if you still run into issues navigating to the jbpm console.

Hope this helps.