1 2 3 Previous Next 34 Replies Latest reply on Sep 28, 2011 2:20 AM by mageshbk Go to original post
      • 30. Re: Runtime Environment / Configuration
        kcbabo

Looks top notch.  I do have one question about the ComponentLoader class and the following const:

public static final String COMPONENT_CLASS_SUFFIX = ".deploy.ComponentImpl";

It appears as though we require components to have a class named with the above in the 'deploy' package.  Can we get around forcing this requirement?  In the deployer code, we also appear to require that component implementations extend BaseComponent. 

Class<? extends BaseComponent> componentClass = Class.forName(className).asSubclass(BaseComponent.class)

While it is required that component implementations implement the Component interface, there's no requirement for them to extend our base/support class.

• 31. Re: Runtime Environment / Configuration
          kcbabo

One other thing.  I realize this is not directly related to your changes, but your changes made me think of it. :-)

We are including a list of components in the core repository modules for AS6 and AS7 at the moment.  We need to change this to the release repository.  Not as part of this particular issue, but I'm hoping maybe this is addressed by Tom's changes to the assembly ...

• 32. Re: Runtime Environment / Configuration
            mageshbk

Fixed the code to reflect Keith's recent comments.

AS6

<map class="java.util.Hashtable" keyClass="java.lang.String" valueClass="org.switchyard.config.Configuration">
                <entry><key>org.switchyard.component.bean.deploy.BeanComponent</key><value><inject bean="BeanConfiguration"/></value></entry>
                <entry><key>org.switchyard.component.soap.deploy.SOAPComponent</key><value><inject bean="SOAPConfiguration"/></value></entry>
                <entry><key>org.switchyard.component.camel.deploy.CamelComponent</key><value><inject bean="CamelConfiguration"/></value></entry>
                <entry><key>org.switchyard.component.bpm.deploy.BPMComponent</key><value><inject bean="BpmConfiguration"/></value></entry>
                <entry><key>org.switchyard.component.rules.deploy.RulesComponent</key><value><inject bean="RulesConfiguration"/></value></entry>
            </map>

AS7

<module identifier="org.switchyard.component.bean" implClass="org.switchyard.component.bean.deploy.BeanComponent"/>
            <module identifier="org.switchyard.component.soap" implClass="org.switchyard.component.soap.deploy.SOAPComponent"/>
            <module identifier="org.switchyard.component.camel" implClass="org.switchyard.component.camel.deploy.CamelComponent"/>
            <module identifier="org.switchyard.component.rules" implClass="org.switchyard.component.rules.deploy.RulesComponent"/>
            <module identifier="org.switchyard.component.bpm" implClass="org.switchyard.component.bpm.deploy.BPMComponent"/>

We are including a list of components in the core repository modules for AS6 and AS7 at the moment.  We need to change this to the release repository.  Not as part of this particular issue, but I'm hoping maybe this is addressed by Tom's changes to the assembly ...

I hinted this to Tom, specifically for AS6. Everything are core modules, so that people who touch any core module can do the respective changes to the deploy stuff only in core, the release will pick up these changes. But it is good to keep them in release repo as their tests can only be perfomed there.

• 33. Re: Runtime Environment / Configuration
              rcernich

Not sure where we are on this at the moment, but this just popped up over in AS7 land:  http://community.jboss.org/wiki/AS7XMLParserValidationProposedIdea

• 34. Re: Runtime Environment / Configuration
                mageshbk

Darran is not talking about validating those configuration documents, rather he is talking about validating the configuration parser implementations.

http://lists.jboss.org/pipermail/jboss-as7-dev/2011-September/003934.html

1 2 3 Previous Next