1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 15, 2011 5:09 AM by maxandersen

Cannot able to create dynamic web project with JBoss tools

krranitha

Hi All,

I am using GateIn with JBoss AS. Now for developing portlets, I tried installing JBoss Tools in Eclipse Helios, but all my efforts in vein. Please find the methods that I followed for installing JBoss Tools and the errors I got. Please help me asap.

Using update site   -  ‘cannot connect to the repository’
      Offline installation using zip file  - ‘operation cannot be completed, missing dependency’
      Add a link file in the dropins folder in eclipse  -  Didn’t recognize JBoss portlet
      Copy paste all features and plugin from JBoss Tools zip to eclipse features and plugins.

This is the last option that I tried. After this I am able to create a web project with portlet facets, but getting an error as
      'One or more constraints have not been satisfied,Cannot install project facet Java 1.5. Some version of this project facet is already installed'. From

JBIDE-7293, I came to know that seam feature is required for portlet. Since I copy pasted all features and plugins, I think that seam should also be installed. So please help me in resolving this.

I am scratching my head for more than 2 days...

Thanks,

Anitha.R

• 1. Re: Cannot able to create dynamic web project with JBoss tools
          maxandersen

Using update site   -  ‘cannot connect to the repository’

Which update site did you use ? if you used what is documented at http://www.jboss.org/tools/download/installation/update_3_2.html then you seem to be behind a firewall that prevents installation ?

Offline installation using zip file  - ‘operation cannot be completed, missing dependency’

Which dependency ? did you allow P2 to go look at other updatesites ?

Add a link file in the dropins folder in eclipse  -  Didn’t recognize JBoss portlet
          Copy paste all features and plugin from JBoss Tools zip to eclipse features and plugins.

Both of these are bound to result in a broken eclipse installation so just don't do that

You do know that you can simply install Eclipse Helios, goto Help > Eclipse Marketplace and choose jboss tools helios from there ?

Then the base jboss tools gets installed and you can install additional things from update ui after that.

Of course that won't work if your firewall is somehow blocking installations/access to our HTTP updatesite.