3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 15, 2011 11:50 AM by tsurdilovic

Creating work item definitions within the designer

hamsterdancer

Hi,

I'd like to be able to create workitem definitions somewhere in the designer and if it's possible also somewhere else, load them "into" the designer and to be able to use them within the designer. I found a video by tsurdilo where you can see how it should work and tried it.

http://vimeo.com/26126678

In minute 2:10 you can see a menu point for doing it, which I don't can find anywhere in the designer. I'm using the newest version (I know) 1.0.0.054 of the designer. (I've changed the version number in die build.properties and did an clean.demo and install.demo)

• 1. Re: Creating work item definitions within the designer
          eaa

In minute 2:10 Tihomir is not using the process designer but Guvnor. He defines the Work Items in Guvnor and then use those definitions in the designer.

To be able to do this, you will need not only the last version of designet (I think the one you are using is ok), but also the last snapshot of Guvnor (5.3 should come out soon).

Best Regards,

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Creating work item definitions within the designer
            hamsterdancer

Thanks, the menu item for creating new work item definitions is there in 5.3.0.Beta1, but it looks totally different. For Instance, you don't have the tree structure on the left.. but it doesn't matter, it looks much better.

The Problem with the Beta is, the current version of the gwt console isn't compatible with the it (or at least it looks so). Do you also have an idea about this? Thanks

• 3. Re: Creating work item definitions within the designer
              tsurdilovic

>> For Instance, you don't have the tree structure on the left << This is a change in the Guvnor navigation that happened recently. You can still click on "Create New" and create a new workitem definition config.

In order to user Guvnor 5.3.x you would need to update your jBPM console as well.

1) Build jBPM from master (mvn clean install -Dfull -DskipTests)

2) copy the created jbpm-5.2.0-SNAPSHOT-gwt-console.zip your $jbpm-intaller/lib directory (delete old one)

3) copy the created jbpm-5.2.0-SNAPSHOT-bin.zip to your $jbpm-installer/lib directory (delete old one)

4) update jBPM.version in $jbpm-installer/build.properties directory

5) run "ant clean.demo", "ant install.demo", and "ant run.demo"

Hope this helps.