4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 12, 2011 8:40 AM by letincho

@Pool / @ActivationConfigProperty multitheading problem?

letincho

Hi,   After 1 or 2 days of normal execution, the server hangs: I can't login by ssh or access to the web console (or any other application running on JBoss). The log of JBoss just stop without any exception.   This problem started when I configured the pool size of may MDB with the @Pool annotation. I have more than 50 MDBs. Because of my performance problems (of throuput) I try to configure differents pool size on each MDBs.   So, I'd configured \server\default\deploy\jca-jboss-beans.xml,  with 2048.   And put diferents values on each MDB.             @ActivationConfigProperty(propertyName = "maxMessages", propertyValue = "1"),           @ActivationConfigProperty(propertyName = "maxSession", propertyValue = "50")})           @Pool (value=PoolDefaults.POOL_IMPLEMENTATION_STRICTMAX,maxSize=50,timeout=20000)  The sum of the all maxSize is around 1000.   I've no problem of database connection.   I've no OutOfMemory exception.   I've no exception on my logs.   My server is running on a VirtualBox 4, with 8 processors (the host has 16)  with 6GB of RAM (the host has 16GB).    I guess about a multithreading problem or a pool administration bug, but I can't found any solution.   Can anybody help me?  Thanks in advance.  Martín  PD:   Server information:   Version: 5.1.0.GA (build: SVNTag=JBoss_5_1_0_GA date=200905221100) Version Name: The Oracle Built on: May 22 2009  JVM Environment Free Memory: 2067 MB Max Memory: 2995 MB Total Memory: 2995 MB #Threads: 2206 JVM Version: 1.5.0_22-b03 (Sun Microsystems Inc.) JVM Name: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM  #CPU: 8 OS: Linux 2.6.32.39 (amd64)

• 1. Re: @Pool / @ActivationConfigProperty multitheading problem?
          letincho

Hi again,  (now with enters and spaces )

After 1 or 2 days of normal execution, the server hangs: I can't login by ssh or access to the web console (or any other application running on JBoss).

The log of JBoss just stop without any exception.  

This problem started when I configured the pool size of may MDB with the @Pool annotation. I have more than 50 MDBs.

Because of my performance problems (of throuput) I try to configure differents pool size on each MDBs.  

So, I'd configured \server\default\deploy\jca-jboss-beans.xml,  with 2048. And put diferents values on each MDB. 

@ActivationConfigProperty(propertyName = "maxMessages", propertyValue = "1"),          

@ActivationConfigProperty(propertyName = "maxSession", propertyValue = "50")})          

@Pool (value=PoolDefaults.POOL_IMPLEMENTATION_STRICTMAX,maxSize=50,timeout=20000) 

The sum of the all maxSize is around 1000. 

I've no problem of database connection.  

I've no OutOfMemory exception.  

I've no exception on my logs.  

My server is running on a VirtualBox 4, with 8 processors (the host has 16)  with 6GB of RAM (the host has 16GB).   

I guess about a multithreading problem or a pool administration bug, but I can't found any solution.  

Can anybody help me? 

Thanks in advance. 

Martín 

PD:  

Server information:   Version: 5.1.0.GA (build: SVNTag=JBoss_5_1_0_GA date=200905221100)

Version Name: The Oracle Built on: May 22 2009

JVM Environment

Free Memory: 2067 MB

Max Memory: 2995 MB

Total Memory: 2995 MB

#Threads: 2206

JVM Version: 1.5.0_22-b03 (Sun Microsystems Inc.)

JVM Name: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server

VM  #CPU: 8

• 2. Re: @Pool / @ActivationConfigProperty multitheading problem?
            jaikiran

Try to get thread dumps at regular interval and see what the server is doing when you see the hang http://community.jboss.org/wiki/ThreadDump

• 3. Re: @Pool / @ActivationConfigProperty multitheading problem?
              letincho

Hi Jaikiran,   While I'm waiting for the next hang... I've made a thread dump from JmxConsole.   I have 2048 workmanagers in state Waiting... is this right?  Thanks,  Martín   Thread: WorkManager(2)-2025 : priority:5, demon:true, threadId:2365, threadState:WAITING sun.misc.Unsafe.park(Native Method) java.util.concurrent.locks.LockSupport.park(LockSupport.java:118) java.util.concurrent.locks.AbstractQueuedSynchronizer$ConditionObject.await(AbstractQueuedSynchronizer.java:1841) java.util.concurrent.LinkedBlockingQueue.take(LinkedBlockingQueue.java:359) java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.getTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:470) java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:675) java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595) Thread: WorkManager(2)-2026 : priority:5, demon:true, threadId:2366, threadState:WAITING sun.misc.Unsafe.park(Native Method) java.util.concurrent.locks.LockSupport.park(LockSupport.java:118) java.util.concurrent.locks.AbstractQueuedSynchronizer$ConditionObject.await(AbstractQueuedSynchronizer.java:1841) java.util.concurrent.LinkedBlockingQueue.take(LinkedBlockingQueue.java:359) java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.getTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:470) java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:675) java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595) Thread: WorkManager(2)-2027 : priority:5, demon:true, threadId:2367, threadState:WAITING sun.misc.Unsafe.park(Native Method) java.util.concurrent.locks.LockSupport.park(LockSupport.java:118) java.util.concurrent.locks.AbstractQueuedSynchronizer$ConditionObject.await(AbstractQueuedSynchronizer.java:1841) java.util.concurrent.LinkedBlockingQueue.take(LinkedBlockingQueue.java:359) java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.getTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:470) java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:675) java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

• 4. Re: @Pool / @ActivationConfigProperty multitheading problem?
                letincho

Hi Jaikiran,  

While I'm waiting for the next hang... I've made a thread dump from JmxConsole.  

I have 2048 workmanagers in state Waiting... is this right? 

Thanks,  Martín  

Thread: WorkManager(2)-998 : priority:5, demon:true, threadId:1287, threadState:WAITING

sun.misc.Unsafe.park(Native Method)
                java.util.concurrent.locks.LockSupport.park(LockSupport.java:118)
                java.util.concurrent.locks.AbstractQueuedSynchronizer$ConditionObject.await(AbstractQueuedSynchronizer.java:1841)
                java.util.concurrent.LinkedBlockingQueue.take(LinkedBlockingQueue.java:359)
                java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.getTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:470)
                java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:675)
                java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

Thread: WorkManager(2)-999 : priority:5, demon:true, threadId:1288, threadState:WAITING

java.util.concurrent.locks.AbstractQueuedSynchronizer$ConditionObject.await(AbstractQueuedSynchronizer.java:1841)

Thread: WorkManager(2)-1000 : priority:5, demon:true, threadId:1289, threadState:WAITING