1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 12, 2011 10:33 AM by sonicool

SSL - TLS renegotiation

sonicool

Hello everybody,

I will be very grateful if you could help me in my problem. I have just installed Jboss-ws-native 3.4.0. Everything would be just great, but it turned out, that there is one big change in implementation of netty (which is being used by WS, and which is being installed with it). The problem is 'TLS renegotiation'. Developers which wrote class 'SslHandler.java' (http://docs.jboss.org/netty/3.2/xref/org/jboss/netty/handler/ssl/SslHandler.html) turned off this functionality because of the security reasons. The problem is, that I need it. In the class, they make a notice, that if somebody will need to have this funcionality, he can always enabled it in the code. I can't 'modify and recompile' the netty (or jboss-ws). So I wanted to ask, if somebody know, how to enable this funcionality without changing the code of the jar. Maybe there is some kind of properties?

P.S I was also thinking about changing the netty.jar which is being delivered with this jboss-ws-native, from 3.2, to 3.1 (there this funcionality is enabled). What do you think about it?

I would be veeery grateful for any help.