7 Replies Latest reply on Sep 5, 2011 4:32 AM by hapouu

Migration from Jboss server to Tomcat, war file has Jboss-remoting dependencies

dhaval0129

Hi

We are using JBoss Remoting in our exisiting project,The war file is deployed on Jboss 4.2.2/Jboss 5.1.0 with some dependencies

configured in  jboss-service.xml for Jboss 4.2.3 and remoting-service.xml for Jboss 5.1.0

now I want to migrate from Jboss Server to Tomcat. I do not have any idea how to deploy this project which includes jboss-remoting

for remote communication which has complete dependencies on Jboss Server on new Tomcat Server

Can I migrate from Jboss to Tomcat server ?

I am asking this question in this forum because in repsonse time in Jboss Remoting is sometimes months

please let me know what needs to be done

Thanks

Dhaval Joshi

• 1. Migration from Jboss server to Tomcat, war file has Jboss-remoting dependencies
          wdfink

Sounds strange.

What is the reason to use remoting? Do you use EJBs?

What is the reason to migrate to a plain Tomcat?

I suppose the project is wired to some JBoss functionality and you can not use a 'plain' Tomcat.

• 2. Migration from Jboss server to Tomcat, war file has Jboss-remoting dependencies
            dhaval0129

I am using Jboss remoting for remote client server communication and data transfer (text data).

If I want to migrate to another open source application server then I am not able to migrate because

Jboss remoting code has dependencies on jboss-remoting.jar, Jboss-servic.xml (Jboss 4.2.2) / remoting-service.xml (Jboss 5.1.0)

In short it is completly dependen't on Jboss Application Server which I do not like and want to migrate to Tomcat

• 3. Re: Migration from Jboss server to Tomcat, war file has Jboss-remoting dependencies
              peterj

JBoss Remoting is a stand-alone project and can be used without all of JBoss AS, see: http://www.jboss.org/jbossremoting

Though, personally, I am perplexed as to why you would use remoting in a web application. I think that remoting would go against the servlet/JSP specs because you would have to fire off an alternate thread to handle requests. Or is the web app just a remote client?.

• 4. Migration from Jboss server to Tomcat, war file has Jboss-remoting dependencies
                dhaval0129

Hi Peter

I refered documentation on Jboss Remoting 2 ,I think I pretty much figured out where all configuration file goes.

but In my Jboss-service.xml I have following <mbean> tag. I do not know where should I replace this in tomcat

<mbean code="org.jboss.remoting.transport.Connector"

name="jboss.remoting:service=Connector,transport=SSLServlet"

display-name="SSL Servlet transport Connector">

<attribute name="InvokerLocator">

sslservlet://localhost:8443/servlet-invoker/ServerInvokerServlet

</attribute>

<attribute name="Configuration">

<config>

<handlers>

<handler subsystem="test">org.jboss.test.remoting.transport.web.WebInvocationHandler</handler>

</handlers>

</config>

</attribute>

</mbean>

Thanks

Dhaval Joshi

• 5. Migration from Jboss server to Tomcat, war file has Jboss-remoting dependencies
                  dhaval0129

I still need help over this issue MBean thing is complicated

• 6. Re: Migration from Jboss server to Tomcat, war file has Jboss-remoting dependencies
                    jaikiran

Are you or any of your application using that MBean? If not, then why do you need it in Tomcat? If you are using that MBean, then you'll have to provide more details on how you are using it.

• 7. Re: Migration from Jboss server to Tomcat, war file has Jboss-remoting dependencies
                      hapouu

Hi

I'm having the same issue. I want to switch from a JBoss 4 to Tomcat 6.

I have a MBean declared like this :

<mbean code="org.jboss.mq.server.jmx.Topic"

name="jboss.mq.destination:service=Topic,name=topicSecurity">

<depends optional-attribute-name="DestinationManager">jboss.mq:service=DestinationManager</depends>

<depends optional-attribute-name="SecurityManager">jboss.mq:service=SecurityManager</depends>

<attribute name="SecurityConf">

<security>

<role name="guest" read="true" write="true"/>

<role name="publisher" read="true" write="true" create="false"/>

<role name="durpublisher" read="true" write="true" create="true"/>

</security>

</attribute>

</mbean>

And in my application, it's called like that :

<jee:jndi-lookup id="myJMSDestination" jndi-name="topic/topicSecurity">

Thanks a lot.

HaPouu