5 Replies Latest reply on Sep 6, 2011 5:27 AM by fbricon

JBOSS JSF Tools and m2e composite components looking in wrong location?

jr219

Hello,

When developing a composite component using JSF tools (v3.2.1.v20110730-1214-H169-Final) along with M2E it seems to want to put the composite file and directory structure in:

target/m2e-wtp/web-resources/resources/components/group-name/tag-name.xhtml

rather then in the source folder of:

src/main/webapp/resources/components/group-name/tag-name.xhtml.

Any ideas how I can track down where it is getting this path from and fix it?

Thanks!

-jr

• 1. Re: JBOSS JSF Tools and m2e composite components looking in wrong location?
          jr219

Ok, seems like it is picking the first wb-resource path in the .settings/org.eclipse.wst.common.component file..

<project-modules id="moduleCoreId" project-version="1.5.0">

<wb-module deploy-name="hcbb">

<wb-resource deploy-path="/" source-path="/src/main/webapp"/>

<wb-resource deploy-path="/" source-path="/target/m2e-wtp/web-resources"/>

<wb-resource deploy-path="/WEB-INF/classes" source-path="/src/main/java"/>

<wb-resource deploy-path="/WEB-INF/classes" source-path="/src/main/resources"/>

<property name="context-root" value="hcbb"/>

<property name="java-output-path" value="/hcbb/target/classes"/>

</wb-module>

</project-modules>

Just changing the ordering of these makes it work as expected for the most part. It's still complaining about missing attributes on my component. Need to look more into that.

• 2. Re: JBOSS JSF Tools and m2e composite components looking in wrong location?
            akazakov

Yes, composite component validation had a lot of bugs in JBoss Tools (JBT) 3.2. I believe we fixed most of them in JBT 3.3 but some may remain. BTW Eclipse WTP also validates composite components and you still can see some wrong problem markers even using Eclipse 3.7 + WTP 3.3 + JBT 3.3.

Could you create an issue in https://issues.jboss.org/browse/JBIDE and provide steps to reproduce all the issues you found. We will verify them against JBoss Tools 3.3.0.M3.

Thanks.

• 3. Re: JBOSS JSF Tools and m2e composite components looking in wrong location?
              jr219

Ok. I'll try and come up with a simple test project for it. The biggest issue was it putting it in the wrong location (or looking for it in the wrong location) The biggest issue now is the non-validation of the attributes on the composite component and the lack of autocompletion on the composite components (both of whick are likely related?). I'll continue to look into and try and log an issue for it.

I will also try and get JBT 3.3 installed and see if that fixes everything!

Thanks!

-jr

• 4. Re: JBOSS JSF Tools and m2e composite components looking in wrong location?
                maxandersen

"it seems to want to put it..."

what is "it" in this case ?

A wizard? A quickfix ?

The problem here is that WTP / Maven needs to do a trick about add a separate output folder to trick it into handling war overlays.

Are you using war overlays at all ?

• 5. Re: JBOSS JSF Tools and m2e composite components looking in wrong location?
                  fbricon

Well, actually this is not to handle war overlays, but web resource filtering. Ex. you would want to deployed the filtered web.xml not the raw file in src/main/webapp. Only way to do that is to declare generated resources first in  .settings/org.eclipse.wst.common.component

We'll see with WTP 3.2.5/3.3.1 if the fix for https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=353834 helps with this issue.