2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 2, 2011 9:30 AM by wdfink

Error Messages in server.log

hariganesh

Hi All,

In my Jboss Server.log, i am continuously getting below log entries:

2011-08-18 17:40:09,578 ERROR [org.jgroups.protocols.UDP] failed unmarshalling message

java.io.EOFException

at java.io.DataInputStream.readShort(DataInputStream.java:315)

at org.jgroups.protocols.TP.handleIncomingPacket(TP.java:807)

at org.jgroups.protocols.TP.access$400(TP.java:46)

at org.jgroups.protocols.TP$IncomingPacketHandler.run(TP.java:1297)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:636)

Is this a concern or can i ignore this? Any idea what could be causing this?

Also while starting my Jboss instance,it is auto discovering all nodes in the network and clustering it and since the cluster name is "Default Partition"(which is the default name for a cluster),i think it is adding the node to the cluster. Will this cause any issue?

How can i disable auto discovery?

Thanks in Advance,

HG

• 1. Re: Error Messages in server.log
          mmusaji

Two things need to be done to stop JBoss instances clustering together, changing the partition name and changing the multicast address (for UDP):

• To change the partition name, you can pass "-g PartitionName" or "--partition=PartitionName" to run.sh, or add "-Djboss.partition.name=PartitionName" to JAVA_OPTS.
          • To change the JGroups multicast address, pass "-u x.y.z.w" to run.sh or add "-Djboss.partition.udpGroup=x.y.z.w  -Djgroups.udp.mcast_addr=x.y.z.w" (example address would be 230.1.1.1)
          • 2. Re: Error Messages in server.log
            wdfink

To avoid that instances are build a cluster:

until JBoss 5.1 it is easy you can use '-g <PartitionName> -u <JGroups address w.x.y.z> -m <JGroups mcast port number>'

Autodiscovery from client side you have to add the JNDI-Property jnp.disableDiscovery' => true

This avoid that the client start an mcast to discover any JBoss in your network (the mcast address is always set to a default)