3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 29, 2011 10:44 AM by salaboy21

Extending standard components and overriding standard WorkItemHandlers?

d.y.

I know how to create my very own service tasks but I wonder if it is possible to somehow extend tha standard components as well? Or is it possible to register a certain workitemhandler to a standard component? if so, how?

• 1. Re: Extending standard components and overriding standard WorkItemHandlers?
          salaboy21

If you take a look at the official documentation you will find a section that is called Domain Specific Activities or something similar. That section explains how to create your own work item handlers. Because workItemHandlers are just classes that implements an interface you can extend them if you need that.

Once you get your handler implementation you can register it to the session using ksession.getWorkItemManager().registerWorkItemHandler("<id>", instance);

In your processes you can use the Task node to hook up the workitemHandlers that will be used in runtime:

<task id="_1" tns:name=[id]/>

Notice that the [id] is the same as you register in the workItemManager.

Cheers

• 2. Re: Extending standard components and overriding standard WorkItemHandlers?
            d.y.

Mauricio Salatino schrieb:

If you take a look at the official documentation you will find a section that is called Domain Specific Activities or something similar. That section explains how to create your own work item handlers. Because workItemHandlers are just classes that implements an interface you can extend them if you need that.

Once you get your handler implementation you can register it to the session using ksession.getWorkItemManager().registerWorkItemHandler("<id>", instance);

That's what i did so far but i wonder if I can register my custom handler to e.g. a Gateway.

• 3. Re: Extending standard components and overriding standard WorkItemHandlers?
              salaboy21

no you can just attach workItemHandlers to workItemNodes.