2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 27, 2011 9:55 AM by rdanilin

javax.naming.CommunicationException: Could not obtain connection to any of these urls: 127.0.0.1:7099

rdanilin

Hello,

I'm trying to run standalone java application that subscribes to JMS topic on JBoss AS 7.0.1 but get an error.

The same app works fine on JBoss AS 6.1. I'm running JBoss with full profile  (./standalone.sh --server-config=standalone-preview.xml)

Connection properties looks like this:

INITIAL_CONTEXT_FACTORY=org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContextFactory

URL_PKG_PREFIXES=org.jboss.naming:org.jnp.interfaces

PROVIDER_URL=jnp://127.0.0.1:1099

When I'm starting my app I get this exception:

Exception in thread "main" javax.naming.CommunicationException: Could not obtain connection to any of these urls: 127.0.0.1:7099 and discovery failed with error: javax.naming.CommunicationException: Receive timed out [Root exception is java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Receive timed out]

at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.discoverServer(NamingContext.java:1690)

at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.checkRef(NamingContext.java:1761)

at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:695)

at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:688)

at javax.naming.InitialContext.lookup(InitialContext.java:409)

at net.delmax.JMSClient.example(JMSClient.java:26)

at net.delmax.JMSClient.main(JMSClient.java:114)

Caused by: java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Receive timed out

at java.net.PlainDatagramSocketImpl.receive0(Native Method)

at java.net.AbstractPlainDatagramSocketImpl.receive(AbstractPlainDatagramSocketImpl.java:135)

at java.net.DatagramSocket.receive(DatagramSocket.java:729)

at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.discoverServer(NamingContext.java:1659)

... 6 more

[Root exception is javax.naming.CommunicationException: Failed to connect to server /127.0.0.1:7099 [Root exception is javax.naming.ServiceUnavailableException: Failed to connect to server /127.0.0.1:7099 [Root exception is java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused]]]

at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.checkRef(NamingContext.java:1780)

at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:695)

at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:688)

at javax.naming.InitialContext.lookup(InitialContext.java:409)

at net.delmax.JMSClient.example(JMSClient.java:26)

at net.delmax.JMSClient.main(JMSClient.java:114)

Caused by: javax.naming.CommunicationException: Failed to connect to server /127.0.0.1:7099 [Root exception is javax.naming.ServiceUnavailableException: Failed to connect to server /127.0.0.1:7099 [Root exception is java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused]]

at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.getServer(NamingContext.java:337)

at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.checkRef(NamingContext.java:1746)

... 5 more

Caused by: javax.naming.ServiceUnavailableException: Failed to connect to server /127.0.0.1:7099 [Root exception is java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused]

at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.getServer(NamingContext.java:307)

... 6 more

Caused by: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused

at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketConnect(Native Method)

at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.doConnect(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:327)

at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:193)

at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.connect(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:180)

at java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(SocksSocketImpl.java:384)

at java.net.Socket.connect(Socket.java:546)

at org.jnp.interfaces.TimedSocketFactory.createSocket(TimedSocketFactory.java:97)

at org.jnp.interfaces.TimedSocketFactory.createSocket(TimedSocketFactory.java:82)

at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.getServer(NamingContext.java:303)

... 6 more

why this happens and how can I fix it?