5 Replies Latest reply on Aug 24, 2011 8:36 AM by salaboy21

Question about jBPM's Performance

roxy1987

Hi,

Having this requirement for making more than 2000 call each day. My question is how significantly is it going to affect the performance?

regards.

• 1. Re: Question about jBPM's Performance
          tob1as

It probably comes down to the hardware and probably the complexity of your process. For example, do you integrate a lot of external systems?

As I understood it, the process instances on a session are multithreaded.

However, a process instance itself is logically threaded. So it probably makes a difference how long and intense a single process is.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Question about jBPM's Performance
            roxy1987

Hey

Thanks for the reply. Let me put it this way.

Consider a hardware stack and lets say we are running one instance of a process or may be a couple of instances. Now for the same stack we run some 2000 instances, then the performance would decrease. Now is this decrease really significant?

Complexity of the process definitely would matter. The number of steps can be assumed as 12 as of now however, (correct me if I am wrong) the number of steps in the workflow should nt really concern the performance since only one of the steps would be interacting with the engine at a time.

Regards.

• 3. Re: Question about jBPM's Performance
              salaboy21

Hi Roxy,

You shouldn't be worried about the performance of the engine, you should be worried about the performance inside those 12 steps and what are you doing inside them. From the process perspective one major thing is the maximum number of concurrent steps that can be executed at a specific point.

Cheers

• 4. Re: Question about jBPM's Performance
                roxy1987

Thanks a lot Mauricio. I also have another question though. About jbpm 4. I raised it as a question some time back but did not get any reply. Can you please help me with that?

http://community.jboss.org/message/612688#612688

Regards

• 5. Re: Question about jBPM's Performance
                  salaboy21

Hi Roxy, sorry but I have no clue about the other question.

Can you mark the answered questions as "answered question", so we can keep track of how many open question are?

Cheers