5 Replies Latest reply on Aug 21, 2011 10:02 PM by jackhe

Can the human task be action?

jackhe

I wanna implements JIVA using jBPM, now I can draw a workflow with ecliplse, but how can each human task implement by a struts action? Any answer will be appriciate.

• 1. Re: Can the human task be action?
          eaa

Why do you want to use Human Tasks if you don't want to use its implementation? If you need to interact with another framework, you can use a Task or even a Script Task.  Maybe I' missing something.

• 2. Re: Can the human task be action?
            jackhe

The reason is that the task should be done by human role, so I use human task node. The UI will be made by struts framework, the role is human.

Can this be done by Task or script task. Thanks very much.

• 3. Re: Can the human task be action?
              eaa

If from the proces point of view, humans needs to be involved, then the best approach would be to use a User Task.  The way you interact with Human Task Server to get the tasks, claim them, complete them, etc. is out of the scope of jbpm5. I mean, you have the api to do all the human task related tasks, but you need to provide your own implementation using them.

• 4. Re: Can the human task be action?
                padmajaramisetti

I am a new starter for jbpm and using BPMN2 diagrams( not JPDL based) , It would be really helpful, if you could provide steps to integrate process flow with struts actions.

Thanks.

• 5. Re: Can the human task be action?
                  jackhe

Thanks very much for Esteban's clear answer.

I was thinking user task for several days, the task permission can be used by actionId, groupId and  Swimlane in jBPM, but our system's permission is quite difficult. Now I deciede to design a work flow engineer, actual it is a state machine. The basic theroy is work flow difinition and manager work flow instance state.  The blow is my workflow definition prototype. You maybe see my main idea.

<workflow id="101" action="issue.do" url="issue.jsp">
                  <start name="open issue" id=1001>
                      <to target=1002 command="start progress" commandClass="start.do" url="inprogress.jsp"/>
                      <to target=1003 command="close issue" commandClass="closeIssue.do" url="done.jsp"/>
                  </start>
                  <state name="in progress" id=1002 >
                      <to target=1003 command="close issue" commandClass="closeIssue.do" url="done.jsp"/>
                  </state>
                  <end name="close" id=1003>
                  </end>
                  </workflow>