4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 20, 2012 11:16 AM by paulcoronel

Hornetq or Mina Server?

paulcoronel

Jbpm in  production environment, what should I use: Mina server or hornetq?

Can you help?

• 1. Re: Hornetq or Mina Server?
          salaboy21

People usually prefer JMS over plain socket connection. JMS (HornetQ) allows you to configure message persistence and realibility options that are usually needed in production. Cheers

• 2. Re: Hornetq or Mina Server?
            paulcoronel

Thanks Mauricio, do you have a demo (using JBPM 5.1) to help me to configure message persistence in HornetQ?

Thanks in advance

• 3. Re: Hornetq or Mina Server?
              salaboy21

There are two different things.. one is setting up jBPM5 human task component to work with hornetQ and then you should check the HornetQ documentation for reliability configurations. All those configurations are totally agnostic to jBPM5 and it depends on what you are trying to achive.

If you want to see how to configure jBPM5 to use HornetQ you can check the emergency-service app that we are developing to demonstrate all this topics.

https://github.com/Salaboy/emergency-service-drools-app

Cheers

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Hornetq or Mina Server?
                paulcoronel

Greetings,

in the jbpm version 5.2 has been included Local human task service (a local implementation of the task service that runs locally). My question about this:

is convenient to use this strategy in a production environment?

can you help?

Thank's in advance