4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 29, 2011 12:07 AM by velmurugan_solartis

Developing a global webservice

velmurugan_solartis

How to develop  a global webservice which needs the database to be configured based on the states, countries etc., and most importantly where and how the required datas can be collected and stored in the database?

• 1. Re: Developing a global webservice
          peterj

Sorry, but I don't understand your question. Could you provide a little more detail about your requirements. And concrete example would help.

• 2. Re: Developing a global webservice
            velmurugan_solartis

If the requirements for example is to develop a webservice for "order processing" where the orders can be from any country, state & city.
            So Now the database needs to be configured in a way that it can accept and process the orders that made by any client applications.

In this situation,

1) how the database can be configured more fexible to accept all the geographical locations ( the level of geographical locations differs from one country to another) ?

2) In which file these data related configurations are done in Jboss for this webservice?

• 3. Re: Developing a global webservice
              peterj

1) So you are asking for a database schema that will handle variations in addreses from country to country? I'm not the one to answer that as I haven't looked into what all of the variations are. Though something like Name, AddressLine1, AddressLine2, AddressLine3, City, State/Region, Country, PostalCode might do. Check out some open source apps that already gather this type of information (SugarCRM comes to mind) for ideas.

2) You need a *-ds.xml file to define the datasource to the webservice. That's about it.

• 4. Re: Developing a global webservice
                velmurugan_solartis

Thanks peter,

I will surely check that sort of opensource apps.

cheers,
                velmurugan rajendran