3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 19, 2011 6:35 AM by nishi.kant

Memory leak in JBossCache

nishi.kant

Hi All,

I’m using JBoss cache in my project, recently I have enabled   replication. While putting the system through the load of 9K users with each user modifying the state every 10 sec found that there is sharp increase in amount of memory being consumed by the process. After few hours process raised out of Memory from old generation. Memory histogram of the process shows following two classes taking lots of heap space.

1:       7023853      224763296  java.lang.ThreadLocal$ThreadLocalMap$Entry

2:       7022005      168528120  java.util.concurrent.locks.ReentrantReadWriteLock$Sync$HoldCounter

I’m have 3 nodes in cluster. I’m using async replication and my configuration file is as follows:-

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Nishi

Message was edited by: Nishi Kant I'm still facing this issue. To narrow down i am running my load through 1 node of cluster and found that the node replicate the state is leaking memory. I'm using DummyTransactionManager, can it be because of it?  I'm attachiing my cache configuration file also. I'm using Java 1.6 with tomcat 5.5.