7 Replies Latest reply on Jul 14, 2011 7:01 AM by sumantasg

IdleRemover notifying pools, interval: 450000

karhatsu

Hello

Could anyone tell me what the following debug text means?

DEBUG [org.jboss.resource.connectionmanager.IdleRemover] run: IdleRemover notifying pools, interval: 450000

What is IdleRemover? What are these pools? Is it something that I should worry about or just normal JBoss activity?

The text is printed every 10-60 minutes to the log file.

• 1. Re: IdleRemover notifying pools, interval: 450000

Hi
          I am facing the same problem, can someone help to fix it. Due to this the servlet requests are denied the access to database.

Please help

• 2. Re: IdleRemover notifying pools, interval: 450000
            weston.price

This is normal. In JBoss/JCA the IdleRemover runs asynchoronously and cleans up connections that have not been used reducing resource usage when it is not required. The message is informational only.

• 3. Re: IdleRemover notifying pools, interval: 450000

Yes I agree , its just the message that all the resources are freed up.In my application I have been connecting to database thru' servlets.But as the resources are freed up, everyday in the morning, when my run my application, I get the java.lang.IllegalStateException and on refresh I get the result as desired. After this the application runs fine whole day, but the same story following day.

I close all the database connections after retrieving the data. So Can someone please help. Its urgent....

Thanks in advance.

• 4. Re: IdleRemover notifying pools, interval: 450000
                weston.price

I am not sure what the IllegalStateException is, or why it is being thrown. JBoss/JCA would not throw this in the case that a connection cannot be used. Easiest thing to do would be to get a stacktrace/logs etc when the error occurs and post it.

• 5. Re: IdleRemover notifying pools, interval: 450000

Following is the error. But I get this only once.On refresh it doesn't reoccur. thanks for your help
                  :

java.lang.IllegalStateException
                  at org.apache.coyote.tomcat5.CoyoteResponseFacade.reset(CoyoteResponseFacade.java:263)
                  at RentedRouters.Servlets.CatalogServlet.doGet(Unknown Source)
                  at RentedRouters.Servlets.CatalogServlet.doPost(Unknown Source)
                  at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:717)
                  at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:810)
                  at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:237)
                  at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:157)
                  at org.jboss.web.tomcat.filters.ReplyHeaderFilter.doFilter(ReplyHeaderFilter.java:75)
                  at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:186)
                  at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:157)
                  at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:214)
                  at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invokeNext(StandardValveContext.java:104)
                  at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:520)
                  at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invokeInternal(StandardContextValve.java:198)
                  at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:152)
                  at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invokeNext(StandardValveContext.java:104)
                  at org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.CustomPrincipalValve.invoke(CustomPrincipalValve.java:66)
                  at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invokeNext(StandardValveContext.java:102)
                  at org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.SecurityAssociationValve.invoke(SecurityAssociationValve.java:153)
                  at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invokeNext(StandardValveContext.java:102)
                  at org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:540)
                  at org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.JaccContextValve.invoke(JaccContextValve.java:54)
                  at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:137)
                  at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:118)
                  at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:109)
                  at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:929)
                  at org.apache.coyote.tomcat5.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:160)
                  at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:799)
                  at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Http11Protocol.java:705)
                  at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:577)
                  at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:683)
                  at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)

• 6. Re: IdleRemover notifying pools, interval: 450000
                    manju783

i am also having same proble pls any one can explain whts the reaso nfor this

thanks in advance

• 7. Re: IdleRemover notifying pools, interval: 450000
                      sumantasg

I get the same message.

I'm able to control the repetition of this message in the server log. If I keep my idle-timeout interval in data source as 15 minutes, I get "IdleRemover notifying pools, interval: 450000". However, when i change idle-timeout to 1 minute, the message changes to "IdleRemover notifying pools, interval: 3000"

~Sumanta