2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 13, 2011 5:57 AM by mohammad-noor

how can i change the rich:progressBar color and size?

mohammad-noor

Hello All,

i have a simple application that use rich:progressBar. i am using richFaces 4 & JSF2.

i want to change the default color of the orange-bar of the progress bar.

my code is attached (bean + .xhtml file)    .

i had trying to use the initialClass, progressClass, finishClass, remainingClass on the progress bar and pass to them the style classes(attached ). what happened is as follow:

-   the remainingClass is work fine(i had changed the reminig section in different color than the passed(progressed) one ).

-   the finishClass and initialClass change the color of background of the whole line behind the progress bar

Untitled.png

-the progressClass(change the richFaces orange progress bar) does not work(or i don't know how to change it). i tried to pass .rich-progress-bar-uploaded style class but it does not work.

...............................................................................................................................

also want to ask how can i change the progressBar size(width and high), i tried to add them to style attribute, but it does not work.?

• 1. Re: how can i change the rich:progressBar color and size?
          ovesper

Hi,

regarding color I can provide an approach which works fine if you're using Firefox (AFAIK there is no browser-independent solution available). My xhtml-page references a CSS-file like this:

<h:head>

<link rel="StyleSheet" href="css/mystyle.css" type="text/css" />

</h:head>

The CSS file contains the following content:

.rf-pb-prgs {

background-image: -moz-linear-gradient(

center bottom,

rgb(255,255,255) 0%,

rgb(128,128,255) 50%,

rgb(255,255,255) 100%

);

}

Regarding changing the width of progress-bar I found a workaround posted by Pavol Pitonak: http://community.jboss.org/thread/166170

This bug is reported to JIRA: https://issues.jboss.org/browse/RF-10969

Hope this is helpful for you.

-Oliver

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: how can i change the rich:progressBar color and size?
            mohammad-noor

Thanks so much Oliver,

i tried it but it does not work with me; on Firefox and IE .

but i found a good solution that change the background-image and background-color, which is:

• adding a !important at the end of each style that you want to apply it. as follow:

.rf-pb-prgs { background-color: red !important;

background-image:url('/WebApplication1/resources/progress.gif')!important;

}

.rf-pb-rmng { width: 500px !important;

height: 100px !important;

background-color:yellow !important; } 

adding the !important to your style gurantee to apply it no matter if this rule appear in CSS document.

Regards