9 Replies Latest reply on Jul 7, 2011 6:33 AM by shahamitkumar

deploy a procesee to jboss server suing java code

grid.qian

Hi all,
      just have a question:
      I am working for importing jboss soa-p esb quick-start samples to eclipse. There is a sample named:bpm_orchestration1. It need call a jbpm process from esb service. Now it can run by ant. From the build.xml, I got this task to deploy a process to a server:

<target name="deployProcess" description="deploys the process definition" depends="dependencies">
       <echo>Deploy the process definition</echo>
       <taskdef name="deployToServer" classname="org.jbpm.ant.DeployProcessToServerTask">
       <classpath refid="exec-classpath"/>
       </taskdef>
       <deployToServer username="${jbpm.console.username}" password="${jbpm.console.password}" serverDeployer="${org.jboss.esb.jbpm.console.upload.url}">
       <fileset dir="${basedir}/processDefinition" includes="*"/>
       </deployToServer>
      </target>

Now I need to do this task using java code. I write this method:
      private void deployProcessToServer() {
       DeployProcessToServerTask deployTask = new DeployProcessToServerTask();
       deployTask.setProcess(new File("processdefinition.xml"));
       deployTask.setServerName("localhost");
       deployTask.setServerPort("8080");
       deployTask.setUsername("admin");
       deployTask.setPassword("admin");
       deployTask.setServerDeployer("/jbpm-console/app/upload");
       deployTask.execute();

}

When I run this method, I got a error:
      Exception in thread "main" couldn't deploy process archives : http://localhost:8080/jbpm-console/app/upload
      at org.jbpm.ant.DeployProcessToServerTask.execute(DeployProcessToServerTask.java:179)
      at org.jboss.soa.esb.samples.quickstarts.bpm_orchestration1.test.SendTestMessage.deployProcessToServer(SendTestMessage.java:65)
      at org.jboss.soa.esb.samples.quickstarts.bpm_orchestration1.test.SendTestMessage.sendMessage(SendTestMessage.java:41)
      at org.jboss.soa.esb.samples.quickstarts.bpm_orchestration1.test.SendTestMessage.main(SendTestMessage.java:72)
      Caused by: java.io.FileNotFoundException: http://localhost:8080/jbpm-console/app/upload
      at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream(HttpURLConnection.java:1168)
      at org.jbpm.ant.DeployProcessToServerTask.deployProcess(DeployProcessToServerTask.java:224)
      at org.jbpm.ant.DeployProcessToServerTask.deployProcessWithServlet(DeployProcessToServerTask.java:188)
      at org.jbpm.ant.DeployProcessToServerTask.execute(DeployProcessToServerTask.java:142)
      ... 3 more
      --- Nested Exception ---
      java.io.FileNotFoundException: http://localhost:8080/jbpm-console/app/upload
      at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream(HttpURLConnection.java:1168)
      at org.jbpm.ant.DeployProcessToServerTask.deployProcess(DeployProcessToServerTask.java:224)
      at org.jbpm.ant.DeployProcessToServerTask.deployProcessWithServlet(DeployProcessToServerTask.java:188)
      at org.jbpm.ant.DeployProcessToServerTask.execute(DeployProcessToServerTask.java:142)
      at org.jboss.soa.esb.samples.quickstarts.bpm_orchestration1.test.SendTestMessage.deployProcessToServer(SendTestMessage.java:65)
      at org.jboss.soa.esb.samples.quickstarts.bpm_orchestration1.test.SendTestMessage.sendMessage(SendTestMessage.java:41)
      at org.jboss.soa.esb.samples.quickstarts.bpm_orchestration1.test.SendTestMessage.main(SendTestMessage.java:72)

• 1. Re: deploy a procesee to jboss server suing java code
          salaboy21

My first impresion is that your code have a wrong path to the upload server.. I do not know the SOA platform but i think the correct path is

/jbpm-console/upload

so try to change this line in your code:

to
          deployTask.setServerDeployer("/jbpm-console/upload");

if this is not the problem please let me know and we try to solve it together.
          Greetings!

• 2. Re: deploy a procesee to jboss server suing java code

If you need to deploy a process by code, you can use something like this:

byte[] parBytes = readFully("yourfile.par");

JbpmContext ctx = JbpmConfiguration.getInstance().createJbpmContext();
            new DeployProcessCommand(parBytes).execute(ctx);
            ctx.close();

If you want to deploy a simple xml process definition, you can replace parBytes with a String containing your XML.

Hope this helps.

Massimiliano.

• 3. Re: deploy a procesee to jboss server using java code
              grid.qian

Thanks. I know I should used /jbpm-console/upload, but if use /jbpm-console/upload, I got another error:

Exception in thread "main" couldn't deploy process archives : null
              at org.jbpm.ant.DeployProcessToServerTask.execute(DeployProcessToServerTask.java:179)
              Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
              at org.jbpm.ant.DeployProcessToServerTask.tryFormBasedAuthentication(DeployProcessToServerTask.java:276)
              at org.jbpm.ant.DeployProcessToServerTask.deployProcess(DeployProcessToServerTask.java:196)
              ... 3 more
              --- Nested Exception ---
              java.lang.NullPointerException
              at org.jbpm.ant.DeployProcessToServerTask.tryFormBasedAuthentication(DeployProcessToServerTask.java:276)
              at org.jbpm.ant.DeployProcessToServerTask.deployProcess(DeployProcessToServerTask.java:196)

"salaboy21" wrote:
              My first impresion is that your code have a wrong path to the upload server.. I do not know the SOA platform but i think the correct path is

/jbpm-console/upload

so try to change this line in your code:

to
              deployTask.setServerDeployer("/jbpm-console/upload");

if this is not the problem please let me know and we try to solve it together.
              Greetings!

• 4. Re: deploy a procesee to jboss server using java code
                grid.qian

Thanks!
                Using the method that you said need to set a jbpm runtime to the project in eclipse. But now my project only has jboss esb runtime and cann't set jbpm runtime. How can I get the jbpm runtime location?

"ziccardi" wrote:
                If you need to deploy a process by code, you can use something like this:

ctx.close();

If you want to deploy a simple xml process definition, you can replace parBytes with a String containing your XML.

Hope this helps.

Massimiliano.

• 5. Re: deploy a procesee to jboss server suing java code
                  grid.qian

no guys give a suggestion?

• 6. Re: deploy a procesee to jboss server suing java code
                    salaboy21

If you add the jbpm-jpdl-xxx.jar to the dependencies I think you can compile this code.

• 7. Re: deploy a procesee to jboss server suing java code
                      grid.qian

You means jbpm-jpdl.jar? I had added it to the dependencies. But I still get the error:

Exception in thread "main" couldn't deploy process archives : null
                      Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
                      ... 3 more
                      --- Nested Exception ---
                      java.lang.NullPointerException

I debug into the codes and found if we use '/jbpm-console/upload', in the tryFormBasedAuthentication() of DeployProcessToServerTask class,
                      Header location = loginFormPost.getResponseHeader("Location");

the location == null, so we get the NullPointerException.
                      if we use '/jbpm-console/app/upload',
                      the location is not null, but we will get
                      java.io.FileNotFoundException: http://localhost:8080/jbpm-console/app/upload error.

"salaboy21" wrote:
                      If you add the jbpm-jpdl-xxx.jar to the dependencies I think you can compile this code.

• 8. Re: deploy a procesee to jboss server suing java code

From your stack trace, it seems to me you are still using the ANT TASK.

If you use the code I posted, you won't get ant tasks errors.

You just have to :

* Configure Hibernate so that it uses your database (hibernate.cfg.xml in your classpath)
                        * Configure JBPM (jbpm.cfg.xml in your classpath)
                        * Put JBPM libraries and Hibernate libraries in your classpath (WEB-INF/lib directory if you are creating a web application).

Then use this code:

ctx.close();

Hope this helps.

• 9. Re: deploy a procesee to jboss server suing java code
                          shahamitkumar

The primary issue is that you must be having spaces in the path where you have depoloyed runtime.Mine runtime path was

C:\Documents and Settings\129608\jbpm-3.2.8

and I changed the same to

C:\jbpm-3.2.8 and it worked

Refer to known issue

https://issues.jboss.org/browse/GPD-385?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.ext.subversion%3Asubversion-commits-tabpanel