2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 4, 2011 6:35 AM by maxandersen

JBoss Tools 3.2 Blocks Jboss Web port

marc.elliott

Hi All,

I have a condition where when I attempt to launch my JBoss server from the Servers window, something appears to grab whatever I've defined as the JBoss Web Port causing a BindException when the server comes looking for it later in the boot process.  I can get around this by setting up the server entry in Eclipse, then editing the binding bean xml file to use a different port than the one the server entry lists as the jboss web port. 

The server boots just find from the run.sh script.  Strange.

In addition:

• If I start the server from run.sh the plugin never detects that the server is running (it used to do this I thought)
      • If I trick Eclipse into starting the server (see above), none of my applications are ever detected after I deploy them in the add/remove panel.  This I can get around by reseting the server entry to use the JBoss server's deploy directory rather than the Eclipse metadata directory.

Any ideas as to what's going on here?  These are functionalities I had working correctly in my Windows environment, which should be pretty close to the new environment other than the change in OS and slightly updated plugins.

Thanks,

Marc