3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 14, 2011 3:35 AM by melc

Adding new users to jboss jbpm

lakshmi_gowda

Hello all,

Can u tell me how to add users who can use the web console of jboss jbpm application. Please help out as soon as possible.

Thanking you.

• 1. Re: Adding new users to jboss jbpm
          melc

Hi,

In order to create new users you need to specify them in two places,

1) in the OrganizationalEntity table of the database (either by inserting the user directly to the database or via the LoadUsers.mvel used by the task service found in the jbpm5 installation jbpm-installer\task-service\src\org\jbpm and jbpm-installer\task-service\resources\org\jbpm )

2) in the installation of jboss i.e. jbpm-installer\jboss-5.1.0.GA\server\default\conf users.properties roles.properties

• 2. Re: Adding new users to jboss jbpm
            kathy89

Hi Chris....

Even i am facing the same problem as lakshmi. I tried adding the new users to the files you mentioned in the post and running the evaluation process with the new users, but its throwing exceptions.

I tried adding new user "tony" to these file-

1.jbpm-installer\task-service\resources\org\jbpm

2. jbpm-installer\jboss-5.1.0.GA\server\default\conf users.properties  and roles.properties

Please help me

Thanks.....

• 3. Re: Adding new users to jboss jbpm
              melc

Hello,

Can you please post your exception stack trace?

Also check for your new user(s) in the OrganizationalEntity table, whether they have been inserted. If they don't exist try to insert them manually in the table. But in any case please post the stack trace