7 Replies Latest reply on Jun 7, 2011 7:40 AM by mpiraccini

BPMN 2.0 Eclipse editor

strykow

Hi all,

What is the current status of BPMN 2.0 Eclipse editor (Chapter 10 in User's Guide)? It hasn't presented any changes since the end of March and it hasn't been included in 5.1.CR1 release either. Is it planned to be included in the 5.1 release?

Best regards,

Sergio

• 1. Re: BPMN 2.0 Eclipse editor
          garys

I'm trying to use BPMN2 Editor 0.1.1 with Graphiti 0.7.1. It is useable but frustrating for one page processes. Sequence Flows and Message Flows visually connect to the elements I intend them to but don't allow me to place the connecting point where I want. But worse, closing then reopening the diagram usually mis-places the flow connectors. I find it easier to delete the connectors and create new ones. But Source Ref and Target Ref retain the intended connections. Also, naming the connectors is not shown as a label as it is for tasks. 

• 2. Re: BPMN 2.0 Eclipse editor
            strykow

Did you try to run processes created in BPMN 2.0 Editor? In particular I'd like to know if features like boundary events work correctly.

Thank you for your answer.

Best regards,

Sergio

• 3. Re: BPMN 2.0 Eclipse editor
              byungwoojun

As Sergio thought, I believed the jBPM 5.1 will include a new Eclipse plugin supporting full BPMN2 process deifintions. But, the 5.1.0.M1 and 5.1.0.CR1 still use drools flows. Do I need to get the new BPMN2 process designer separately, or should I just wait for 5.1.GA.

Thanks,

bwj

• 4. Re: BPMN 2.0 Eclipse editor
                eschabell

Small howto install the editor, this example used the JBoss Dev Studio, but should be analog to Eclipse:

http://www.schabell.org/2011/03/jboss-developer-studio-40-how-to-add_23.html

• 5. Re: BPMN 2.0 Eclipse editor
                  garys

Sergio, I'm not trying to run anything yet. It is doing some validation. It flags errors for the installer sample Evaluation.bpmn, which defines sequence flows like this: <sequenceFlow id="_1-_2" sourceRef="_1" targetRef="_2" /> The BPMN editor doesn't recognize that. I added sequence flows in the editor and they look like this: <sequenceFlow id="_SB0NEIiLEeC8wfJlMMHAAw" name="Sequence Flow" sourceRef="_1" targetRef="_2"/> and the original sequence flows were not removed.

• 6. Re: BPMN 2.0 Eclipse editor
                    byungwoojun

Thanks, Eric! I installed the BPMN2 designer to my eclipse by following the link you suggested. Hope it is an official version as one from jBPM 5.1.GA.

bwj

• 7. Re: BPMN 2.0 Eclipse editor
                      mpiraccini

But the 5.1 GA will contain the new editor? According with GitHUB (https://github.com/imeikas/BPMN2-Editor-for-Eclipse) the last commit is the march, 30...