3 Replies Latest reply on May 27, 2011 2:54 AM by asoldano

Where can I get the jboss ws implementaion and version

grid.qian

Hi all

I am from JBoss Tools, I want to display the jboss web service implementation and version in the tools.

I know I can get some information from the manifest file of jboss-native-jaxws.jar:

Implementation-Title: JBoss Web Services - Stack Native JAX-WS

Implementation-Version: 3.1.2.GA

But I know jboss ws has  native, cxf and so on. For example, jbossws-cxf has not jboss-native-jaxws.jar.

So where can I get the implementation and version information? Are there a unified place to get the all versions of jboss ws information?

Thanks

Grid

• 1. Re: Where can I get the jboss ws implementaion and version
          asoldano

Well, not really. At runtime on JBoss AS there's a MBean that gives these info or you can use a ServiceLoader to get the configured org.jboss.wsf.spi.management.StackConfigFactory which in turn can be used to the the StackConfig that has getImplementationTitle() / getImplementationVersion() methods. Things change a bit dependending on the version you're using.

Alternatively, look for the jbossws-*-client.jar. The manifest in there tells you what stack is in use and the version. Of course, there's jbossws-cxf-client.jar and jbossws-native-client.jar.

• 2. Re: Where can I get the jboss ws implementaion and version
            grid.qian

Thanks a lot, Alessio!

This will help me a lot. I checked the as 4.*, 5,*, even 6.*, all include the jbossws-*-client.jar, but for as7, I can't get it. This is change for as7?

• 3. Re: Where can I get the jboss ws implementaion and version
              asoldano

In AS7, look at modules/org/jboss/ws/jaxws-client/main/, there's jbossws-cxf-client.jar by default (and when installing jbossws-native, that is replaced by jbossws-native-client.jar).