4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 9, 2011 3:17 AM by salaboy21

Variable Persistence Strategies in jBPM

harjotnarula09

I saw the different variable persistence strategies provided by drools in 5.1.1 (http://planet.jboss.org/post/drools_flow_variable_persistence_strategies). I dont find those classes anywhere when I downloaded the jBPM5.0.0 installer which comes with drools-persistence-jpa-5.2.0.M1.jar.

The classes I am looking for are

JPAPersistedVariable.class

VariableInstanceInfo.class

These used to be bundled in drools-persistence-jpa-5.1.1.jar. Does anyone know if I need some other jar file to get these classes?

Also if you have an example of working variable persistence, please send me a link to it.

Regards

Harjot Narula

• 1. Variable Persistence Strategies in jBPM
          salaboy21

Hi Harjot,

In 5.2 we merge the current implementation for Variable Persistence with the core marshaling mechanisms of drools.

You can find a test that show how to configure the new Persisters in the following test inside the jbpm-persistence-jpa project:

https://github.com/droolsjbpm/jbpm/blob/master/jbpm-persistence-jpa/src/test/java/org/jbpm/persistence/session/VariablePersistenceStrategyTest.java

I was responsible for that merge and for the unification of these mechanisms, so please feel free to report any problem that you have with it.

Greetings.

• 2. Re: Variable Persistence Strategies in jBPM
            jserdaru

Hey Mauricio,

I was wondering if there were any changes to the behavior of calling:

env.set(EnvironmentName.CMD_SCOPED_ENTITY_MANAGER, myCmdScopedEntityManager);

I seem to get the following stack trace when using this (it worked in the previous release)

SEVERE: [http-thread-pool-8080(2)] ERROR essionCommandService - Could not commit session

java.lang.NullPointerException

at org.drools.persistence.jpa.JpaPersistenceContext.findWorkItemInfo(JpaPersistenceContext.java:41)

at org.drools.persistence.jpa.processinstance.JPAWorkItemManager.completeWorkItem(JPAWorkItemManager.java:108)

at org.drools.command.runtime.process.CompleteWorkItemCommand.execute(CompleteWorkItemCommand.java:69)

at org.drools.command.runtime.process.CompleteWorkItemCommand.execute(CompleteWorkItemCommand.java:32)

at org.drools.persistence.SingleSessionCommandService.execute(SingleSessionCommandService.java:292)

at org.drools.command.impl.CommandBasedStatefulKnowledgeSession$1.completeWorkItem(CommandBasedStatefulKnowledgeSession.java:149)

• 3. Re: Variable Persistence Strategies in jBPM
              missedone

i encounter the same exception, you can try un-register the JPAWorkingMemoryDbLogger but comment the line:

//new JPAWorkingMemoryDbLogger(ksession);

• 4. Re: Variable Persistence Strategies in jBPM
                salaboy21

Hmm that error doens't seem related with the variable persistence strategies.. when are you getting that?

Cheers