1 2 Previous Next 20 Replies Latest reply on May 9, 2011 6:46 AM by michal.warecki Go to original post
      • 15. jboss as 5 jbpm 5.1 persistence
        michal.warecki

I think the problem is only with drools tasks. I use jbpm statefull knowledge base with clean jboss transactions and everything works with CMT ( Container Managed Transactions ) without any problems.

I don't think that there is solution to make drools tasks works with JTA but I could be wrong.

jBPM/Drools developer should clear out that situation :-)

• 16. Re: jboss as 5 jbpm 5.1 persistence
          mariemm

Hi,

I should mention that we use tasks without Mina server (or other), calling taskSession directly, inspirated by this discussion

http://community.jboss.org/message/595321

Not sure if this is really related to transaction problem.

My workitem handler which works with tasks looks like this:

public void executeWorkItem(WorkItem workItem, WorkItemManager manager) {

// create new task, get info from WF

// get task details from workitem

Task newTask = new Task();

String taskName = (String) workItem.getParameter("TaskName");

taskSession.addTask(newTask, taskParameters);

}

What do you think?

• 17. Re: jboss as 5 jbpm 5.1 persistence
            michal.warecki

This is not related to the problem. I think you can't do that with JTA but I'm not sure.

Mauricio Salatino should have more knowledge in this topic so I hope he will give you ( and me as well ) some advise. I'm very interested in this topic becouse I had a lot of problems with CMT and drools tasks so I hope he will answer :-)

• 18. Re: jboss as 5 jbpm 5.1 persistence
              mariemm

Thank you for you comments, I was also hoping that Mauricio starts again responding to this discussions.

I managed to find out where and when exactly it goes down with JDBC commit failed java.sql.SQLException: You cannot commit during a managed transaction!

When the org.drools.persistence.jpa.processinstance.JPAWorkItemManager is called and then it calls some function in org.jbpm.task.service.TaskServiceSession which has doOperationInTransaction (with commit()).

In JPAWorkItemManager it calls

PersistenceContext context = ((PersistenceContextManager) env.get( EnvironmentName.PERSISTENCE_CONTEXT_MANAGER )).getCommandScopedPersistenceContext();

which propably doesn't like when there is later tx.commit(); (tx is RESOURCE_LOCAL transition)

Any further insight?

• 19. jboss as 5 jbpm 5.1 persistence
                mariemm

Finally, I found solution for this.

In datasource for tasks it should be no-tx-datasource. See

https://forum.hibernate.org/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=998779

and http://community.jboss.org/wiki/ConfigDataSources

Thank you to all for your insights about transactions.

• 20. jboss as 5 jbpm 5.1 persistence
                  michal.warecki

This is one solution but I'm not sure that this is good solution :-) I think in this case if one of drools tasks operation fails and main transaction commit then there might be some incompatibillity in data. Am I right ?

1 2 Previous Next