1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 27, 2011 3:33 PM by aminmc

JUnit test and process instance variables

aminmc

Hi

I have encountered an interesting scenario of my test failing when I run it but passing when I debug the test.  Basically I have the following code

WorkflowProcessInstance instance = (WorkflowProcessInstance)session.getProcessInstance(processInstanceId);

DataObject dataObject = instance.getVariable(variableName);

session.signalEvent(..);

WorkflowProcessInstance instance = (WorkflowProcessInstance)session.getProcessInstance(processInstanceId);

DataObject reloaded = instance.getVariable(variableName);

if (dataObject is not same as reloaded) {

doSomething();

}

What I notice is that when i run the test reloaded hasn't been updated when i expect it to be as defined in my flow.  However when I debug and wait a second or two reload gets updated and the condition is evaluated.  My test basically starts the flow and then performs the signal. 

I was wondering if anyone has experienced this issue?  When running the code outside of a test it works as expected but not within a test.

Any help would be appreciated. 

Cheers

• 1. JUnit test and process instance variables
          aminmc

I think I've figured out why this is happening.  I call signal and then code returns and if i debug i give the engine a chance to update the variable whereas when i run it the engine may not have had a chance to update.

Is there a way to find out if a variable has been updated after a signal?  I have a usecase where I need to know if the workflow engine has modified a variable or not when i execute a signal.