7 Replies Latest reply on Apr 27, 2011 6:03 AM by heathcliff

Need Clarification

crayaug15

Hi,

I am new to this jbpm, i have worked on some example, mentioned is the workflow diagram. for this flow, when i run the processinstance.signal(), and print the current state, then it is giving the "end" as the cuurent state, means it is going to the start to end, rather than going to screening. on what basis it is going to end state, please help me in this.

Thanks in advance.exa.jpg

• 1. Re: Need Clarification
          heathcliff

The idea is that execution goes as far as possible without stopping. So if You do nothing in those 2 tasks, no handler that would stop the execution, than the engine will proceed to the next node. The last node is end node so it ends there. But thats only if your tasks do nothing... meaning there is no handler for tasks of names u gave to the tasks or those handlers do nothing.

• 2. Need Clarification
            crayaug15

If i used any join in my workflow , and i have executed the processinstance.signal it is going to that join and wait over there and also ending that token, it is not going to task. please any one can how to handle join.

• 3. Need Clarification
              heathcliff

please pase some ss from eclipse/guvnor editor of a process u have problems with. Best with options u have set. I'm not an expert but mabe I can help.

• 4. Need Clarification
                crayaug15

for this workflow , if i do processinstance.signal it going start to join node and it wait over there and at the same time it ending that processinstance, it is not going to screening node. if again i did processinstance.signal, it giving error like " token already ended will not be signaled. exa1.jpg

• 5. Need Clarification
                  heathcliff

What version of JBPM are u using?

• 6. Need Clarification
                    crayaug15

i am using the jbpm3.2.7 version

• 7. Need Clarification
                      heathcliff

haha, I only know something aboute v5:)