2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 5, 2011 12:46 PM by swarne27

JBoss developer studio4 setup is not responding

swarne27

I recently downloaded JBoss developer studio4.0.0.GA windows binary and when installing it, it stops and hangs in step 8 "setup shortcuts" where it creates the desktop shortcuts. How can I get this issue resolved....????????? please help quickly

• 1. JBoss developer studio4 setup is not responding
          maxandersen

Hi,

Are you running of or trying to install to a network mounted drive by any chance ?

If you do, try without it since that has shown to give some troubles.

Beyond that if you go and look at the installation directory you chose on the first screen in there should be a jbdevstudio.exe you can run directly since everything should be installed at this point - its only the shortcuts that would be missing.

• 2. Re: JBoss developer studio4 setup is not responding
            swarne27

I got resolved my issue by installing latest java update via google chrome and installing the JBoss developer Studio with having the latest java update. This seems to occur because JBoss Developer Studio is a win32 application and I am using Windows 7 64bit Professional. Happy to say that JBoss Developer Studio visual editor for web pages works fine, because visual editor in eclipse does not run in 64bit operating systems this is a very good solution.